181 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, deutschegrammophon said:

Your results are inspirational, as is your approach. I have a few questions:
1. Did you perform subcision on yourself or did you just needle in and out horizontally? I am unclear what advantage this would have over just needling through the face of the scar if in fact you weren't subcising with a swishing motion.
2. Did you change your diet before needling/TCA, and if so how long after the change did you start treatments?
3. You mention that you went 1cm deep with the needle and found scar tissue. Are you sure this wasn't muscle? How did you avoid vital nerves going so deep?
4. When you needle the scar is the damaged part destroyed by the body and replaced with new healthy tissue or does the body just fill in the gap?
5. What did you do about hypertrophic scars? Would these respond best to TCA?
6. Do you find that there is any cosmetic distinction between areas where a scar used to be and healthy skin?
7. Did you actually have any success breaking up scar tissue manually as in between your fingers?
8. Have you ever caused too much damage for the body to heal without a scar?
You have been very helpful. Sorry if these questions seem to have obvious answers. 

She can answer your questions, but ... many of these things are answered in the FAQ below. 

** Please "Like" my response above; 2016-12-08_052923.jpg  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2016-12-08_052802.jpg :smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS

I bought TCA 30% but only used it once because people told me it doesn't fix indented scars. I believe DC-girl , but to confirm you did have indented scars, correct? Just asking  to be 100% sure, as there seems to be doubt on the thread.  

I used the acid and there was a lot of down time. I used it on my temple, but luckily for me, I hide it under my anime hair, haha. Also, does TCA have an expiry date? I bought it about one year ago and still got lots of it left. 

She had boxcar scars. This wont do anything for rolling scars

If you have pitted scarring look into Subcision-Suction as well as microneeding. Check out my success

4 hours ago, Robertitoo said:

She had boxcar scars. This wont do anything for rolling scars

Not judging by her before photos. They look like rolling scars to me (wide, undefined edges). She also says on page one that she subscised her scars while single needling so yeah it would help. 
Edit: I realise you were talking about TCA  Edited by deutschegrammophon
Misunderstanding

TCA alone does nothing for fat deficiency, tethered, atrophy, regardless of type. Subcision and filler do, more details in the FAQ below under that section. TCA is textural, only the top, scars go deep. Same with laser, it takes off layers on the top, doing very little for the underneath layers. 

** Please "Like" my response above; 2016-12-08_052923.jpg  As a volunteer encouragement helps! |::wiggle:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2016-12-08_052802.jpg :smileys_n_people_116: CLICKABLE LINK: OFFICIAL ACNE SCAR SOLUTIONS; Q&A / FAQ :smileys_n_people_108:
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT THREADS                                                                 7. HYPERTROPHIC / KELOID (RAISED SCARS)
2. WHAT IS ACNE & PREVENTING SCARS                                                              8. SUBCISION
3. DIFFERENT TYPES OF SCARRING                                                                      
9. FILLER FOR SCARS
4. TREATING SCARS AT HOME                                                                              10. LASER
5. SKIN: RED (PIE) BROWN (PIH), WHITE MARKS,                                               11. MICRONEEDLING
     TEXTURE, LARGE PORES,  DRYNESS, & COVERING UP SCARS                    12. TCA CROSS FOR ICEPICK SCARS & ACID PEELS                       
6. PUNCH GRAFTING & EXCISION                                                                        13.
LIST OF ACNE SCAR TREATMENT DOCTORS