6 replies to this topic

#1 alex1987

alex1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:47 AM

Hello,

I have been struggeling and trying to figure out the causes of my breakouts / unclear skin for years now...

Lately, I have tried to go on different diets like, dairy free, gluten free, low carbs, and I verified that diet connects directly to my issue because every time I start eating standart soups, vegetables and salmon my skin clears up totally..

These are the latest foods that caused bad breakouts on my skin around 12h+/- after eating them, please if anyone can see a connection or has any tip to point me in the right direction...

Breakouts causing things I ate lately:

- Juicing spinach

- Eating well-steamed / boiled cabbage

- Onion soup full of cooked onion slices, with a decent amount of butter

- 2 Pizza slices

- 2 Organic egg omellet fried in coconut oil + 1/2 red grapefruit for dessert

I am out of ideas and theories on why each of these foods made me break out, but I suspect it has to do something with:

- Certain foods block/affect thyroid function and/or iodine absobtion.

- Suspecting Saturated fats because I can eat 1.5% and 3% yogurt and drink home made 4% kefir but not eat pizza.. and also.. coconut oil and butter caused breakouts too, they both have saturated fats in common.

I would love to hear what you have to say about it, big thanks.

Edited by alex1987, 16 January 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#2 ScenicView

ScenicView

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

Most of your problem foods are high in histamine. I suggest you research histamime intolerance.

#3 alex1987

alex1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

Been researching and reading about histamine before, This theory felt like a good one untill I asked my self a very good question...

"If Histamine is somehow related to my acne / breakouts, how come I can drink 1 glass full of fermented goat milk kefir for the past 3 months and never broke out from it?", and yes it is on the high-histamine food list, because it is fermented.

But I will read some more I guess.. :o

#4 ScenicView

ScenicView

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Have you considered a sulphur connection?

http://www.livingnet...phur-food-list/

Just a note on the histamine issue, Dr Janice Joneja PhD uses a bucket analogy with histamine intolerance, that it is when levels of histamine exceed a certain amount that the body can cope with, symptoms develop.

http://www.foodsmatt...ine_joneja.html

#5 alex1987

alex1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

ScenicView, you're theory seems to make some sense, but I wonder how is it any time I eat pizza or yellow cheese / other kinds of cheese I get breakouts instantly, but when I eat 2 servings of farmed salmon (not even wild), in servings of 150-200 gr and drinking 1 cup of goat milk kefir, (both containing ALOT of histamine) according to what google says.. no symptoms and no breakouts, I am so confused sad.png

P.s.

I have read everything about the sulfur theory, the list of high sulphur has many foods I suspected before, like cauliflower and buckwheat that seems to cause slight breakouts / whiteheads for me, but this theory seems so far from possible, I tried googeling about sulfur and acne, no connections that I could find sad.png.

I guess the best way to test if my issue is sulfur or histamine, would be simply wait for my skin to 100% clear up, and then test canned tuna in water (to eliminate the saturated fats from the equation) and if I dont breakout.. I can assume it is sulphur I should research deeper (since tuna is low on sulphur), but if I do breakout I guess histamine it is (since tuna has insane amounts of histamine).

Edited by alex1987, 19 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#6 Riddled

Riddled

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I also think saturated fat may be one of the only things i have correlated as breaking me out. But it is very hard to go low saturated fat for me after i became phobic of pufas, after avoiding pufas for so long with no benefit maybe it is time for the realization that i am, in fact, a pufaphobe.

I have some serious negative association when i see histamine intolerance and sulfur mentioned. I spent a while looking into all that histamine stuff but it was a nightmare, some stuff has histamine but other stuff can induce a reaction etc etc. Minefield of hell. I think i have some kind of intolerance to sulfites but i am not sure about sulfur, also i am not sure that the sulfites actually do anything to my acne. Also there is so much stuff out there about sulfur actually being good for you and acne.

I am not really sure about spinach, all i can think of is oxalates and it isn't good for gout but i can't think how it could relate to acne.

But.

The onions and cabbage could be the fructans in them? Which then affects your gut bacteria - immune system etc?

I know fructans like onions, cabbage especially and fiber in general turns me into a gas machine and affects my gut - bowel movements [poo] but i have never been able to correlate this with my skin or anything else. I think i have some kind of malabsorption going on with fructose and fructans and fiber but i don't know how significant it is - to anything. Something to consider maybe. - fructose malabsorption - gut connection etc.

#7 alex1987

alex1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

This is all so confusing, I dont know how to approach this anymore, it can be billion different things.

casein, saturated fats, histamine, gluten... >___>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users