Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 posts in this topic

Hey there guys :| I am a 15 year old boy, been fighting with acne since 13, but just at no avail. I've gone through most(probably all) prescription drugs and procedures out there so my current dermatologist told me it's time for isotretinoin. She told me to go get the blood tests done tomorrow and if all is good, I'm starting accutane. On the first moment I heard that word spewed out of her mouth, my heart pounced because I had researched accutane on the internet before and the side effects look just unbearable to me. I'm an aspiring theoretical physicist and I can just not tolerate to lose my ability to fully concentrate on problems. My healthy brain is my treasure, so I must protect it at any cost, maybe even with my severe back acne and social humiliation. I made this new topic in order to ask any of you that's been on accutane and successfully came out of it acne free: What is the net damage that the isotretinoin cure causes on your brain and how much are the logical processes hindered? Please, respond honestly. Sorry if I sound a bit all over the place with my not coherent writing, but I'm just really stressed right now. I just need help.

I'm an aspiring theoretical physicist and I can just not tolerate to lose my ability to fully concentrate on problems. My healthy brain is my treasure, so I must protect it at any cost, maybe even with my severe back acne and social humiliation. I made this new topic in order to ask any of you that's been on accutane and successfully came out of it acne free: What is the net damage that the isotretinoin cure causes on your brain and how much are the logical processes hindered?

Thank you so much jazzybean rolleyes.gif I'm so glad I read through these studies now because the results really put that tremendous fear of lifelong loss off my shoulders. Finally! IT WAS PRESSING ON MY PIMPLES AND IT WAS HURTING LIKE HELL!