#1 minaaa

minaaa

minaaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hey,

I've had acne for many years now, although it has improved greatly recently, although I still never have completely clear skin at any given time. My acne has always consisted of pimples and blackheads, nothing more severe. However, around two years ago I got what looked like a large cystic pimple, on my cheek/to the direct right of my nose. I visited a doctor and he gave me Dalacin Topical Lotion and some oral antibiotics, treating it as an infection. I don't know if it actually made a difference, or it was just time, but it managed to mostly disappear over the weeks that followed. 

However, ever since then, I've had a bump which can be felt under the skin, of about 1 inches long. The skin on at the area has ever since been slightly more raised than the other side, and slightly redder.

Three months or so ago, I developed a small pimple on the area which quickly turned into an aggravated, infected cyst, the same as the one two years ago. This eventually subsided, and the only thing that had any effect on it was using some cotton wool pads soaked in very hot water to draw it out.

A month later, I developed a pimple there again, the process was repeated, although it cleared up albeit quicker that time.

Now, I have the same bump underneath the skin and my skin, although not particularly inflamed, is red in colour,and covers almost a quarter of my cheek. It does not look angrily red, so to speak, and can be concealed with make up easily. 

I've been using the regimen for almost two weeks now and I've noticed that the bump under the area is perhaps decreasing in size, but I'm not really sure if that's just my mind playing tricks on me. 

Anyway, I'd just like to know if anybody else has suffered with the same sort of thing, and if it's just a red mark which will fade in time, or if there's something I can actually do. 

Thanks! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users