Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diet/Lifestyle has 100 percent effect on acne

29 posts in this topic

We aren't against diet/acne connections because we're afraid of change. We're against it because people like you turn everyone with a few zits into paranoid animals regulating every calorie they intake.

Apple,

Oh wow, I love hearing stuff like that. I'm glad mandelic acid worked for you. I keep hearing about it and Maya loves this stuff, but I've yet to try it. Just because the right dietary changes worked for me, I'm still susceptible to the "wrong" skin care products. So when I hear the words "marine complex" I get a bit concerned and since there's no ingredient list anywhere (emailed nucelle last night), I won't purchase products without knowing what's in it first.

My main interest is in finding a gentle exfoilant that will help with what's left of my hyperpigmentation and I've heard it's good for this, yet did you have an initial breakout like they say??? Anyway, I also discovered that it's not just a gentle exfoilant but it's also an antibiotic so now wonder it's so good for acne. I'll definately add it to my topical suggestion list.

Thanxs

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

I haven't looked for a while but when I did there were two mandelic brands, both the same strength. One didn't have all that marine stuff that was breaking everyone out.

I did not have an initial breakout with Nucelle.I saw on acnebook.com that Dr. Fulton has a mandelic acid serum also.He also advocates BP cleanser with mandelic acid.Fulton's serum is a bit more expensive and he only has the 15% strength, which is pretty potent.Even with my pretty tough skin, I alternate between 10% in the am and 15% at night.There is a gal I have spoken to at Nucelle, Charlene Poitras, who is very helpful. Her number is (800) 877-3131.