Photo

Hormonal Acne- Spironolactone And Blue/red Light Therapy (Please Share Your Experience W Me!)

spiro spironolactone hormonal cyst blue light red light

74 replies to this topic

#41 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

Feeling blessed and thankful daily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

Soooo what I would like to report is that I am working on turning around my bad attitude about this whole journey.  I've been feeling down and letting myself have a pity party.  You know what, that is not going to help anything I realized.  I am putting my treatment into God's very capable hands and am going to work on my emotional/psychological well being.  I've allowed myself to slip into depression and suffer severe anxiety from the pressure of this whole thing.  Putting a time table on when I am going to be clear, perfect, blemish free... well that's too much damn pressure.  I may not wake up tomorrow with all my little clogs gone, but I can do my treatment today, put my big girl panties on and try my best to face the world with a smile.

I went to Whole Foods this morning on my way into work.  I noticed myself looking at everyone in the store, bare faced.  There were several women that were beautiful and had acne, a good deal of it.  One was with her child and wasn't letting it bother her one bit.  Another woman was just going about her business.  I noticed other older women with a few blemishes.  And then I thought to myself, seriously.... I put WAY to much pressure on myself to be perfect.  I think the biggest challenge is I don't and really won't wear a full face of makeup. I gave it up YEARS ago after covering and hiding behind it in my teens when I had cystic acne.  Now I am all bent out of shape about some PIH, closed comedones, some clogged pores and some tiny blemishes.  Man I feel like a jerk. So I am doing my best to turn the negative thoughts that happen to creep in, right around to positives.  Not worrying about tomorrow or if I will have a new blemish or a new breakout.  Because I am doing everything in my darned power to keep them from happening internally/externally. 

However I will provide an account of the last week:

Last Thursday- 2 swollen spots appeared on chin/jaw gone the next day

Friday- nada

Saturday- 1 spot on my neck appeared and just looked red , never turned into anything

Sunday- nada

Monday- 1 previous small swollen spot from 2 weeks ago that had appeared and hung out for a week, then flattened, came back to life and is flat and red now.  PIH may just be a biotch.

Tuesday- nada

Today- who the heck knows ;-) 

The rest are closed comedones/clogs that I am treating with AHA/BHA and gentle kind loving coaxing to hit the road.  No one can really see them but me, but I hate them just as much.  Going to try the PC AHA 10% tonight before beddy by and see what I wake up with.  Hopefully some fading, softer complexion as others taught.  The PC 2% gel has been working really well on overall tone, texture of my skin (minus clogs that are taking their sweet a@@ time).

Off to go about kicking Negative Nelly in the pants! 

Edited by CarpeMomentum, 05 March 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#42 pilotphase

pilotphase

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:06 AM

Hi pilotphase!  So I was taking pictures during my worst part of my breakout and throughout and it made me feel so crappy.  Like it made me more anxious to see it and focus on it.  I will take some pictures tonight of my PIH and see if I can get shots.  Right now my biggest problem are the tiny clogged pores, closed comedones that are slowly slowly taking their gosh darn time.  I've been using BP on them and it shrinks them and turning some into blackheads that then come out.  others get minorly inflammed and turn into a whitehead and I remove them.  If I didn't have these I would only have a few actives on my jawline and that's all.  This is the hardest part, the slow go.  Yasmin cleared me up tremendously on its own in my 20s.  So I wish you the best with it.  Just finished my first pack and so far so good.  Have you thought about Spironolactone before? 

Hi I just read this. I am on my 2nd month of yasmin. Its not cleared me up hugely yet, some small improvements. I still have really bad chin and cheek clogged pores. Been using Epiduo but its making my skin look like I have eczema. Not sure what to do.

#43 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

Hey there Pilot phase!  Ugh the clogged pores are the bane of my existence right now.  I'm starting the 3rd pack of Yasmin tonight and hit 2 1/2 months on Spiro yesterday.  I'm having a bit of a rough week last week and the start to this mentally just wondering when this will all stop.  Clearing of these clogged pores, comedones is definitely a challenge.  I've been using AHA/BHA in rotation to exfoliate and it's bringing them to the surface, which sucks but is good.   My dr prescribed Retin A, but I've decided against it.  I have asked for Benzaclin to help dry up the remaining stuff, my left side has less clogs now after last week flare up and clearing out.  Now just light PIH remains. 

Hi pilotphase!  So I was taking pictures during my worst part of my breakout and throughout and it made me feel so crappy.  Like it made me more anxious to see it and focus on it.  I will take some pictures tonight of my PIH and see if I can get shots.  Right now my biggest problem are the tiny clogged pores, closed comedones that are slowly slowly taking their gosh darn time.  I've been using BP on them and it shrinks them and turning some into blackheads that then come out.  others get minorly inflammed and turn into a whitehead and I remove them.  If I didn't have these I would only have a few actives on my jawline and that's all.  This is the hardest part, the slow go.  Yasmin cleared me up tremendously on its own in my 20s.  So I wish you the best with it.  Just finished my first pack and so far so good.  Have you thought about Spironolactone before? 

Hi I just read this. I am on my 2nd month of yasmin. Its not cleared me up hugely yet, some small improvements. I still have really bad chin and cheek clogged pores. Been using Epiduo but its making my skin look like I have eczema. Not sure what to do.

10 weeks Spiro

Starting 3rd Pack Yasmin

Feeling a bit exhausted today about this whole process.  I know I can't give up, the finish line is just around the corner, but this has definitely taken a toll on my heart and me emotionally. It feels like it's a neverending battle.  I understand things need to get worse before they get better, that it won't magically get better.  But seriously can a girl get a break.  At this point it's the clogged pores that are giving me the hardest time.  They either will flare up a tiny bit, turn into a whitehead and sit there for a few days or just stay there taunting me.  I have decided against Retin A for lots of reasons, mainly I can't deal with this for ANOTHER 12 week breakout.  I won't chance it.  So I am staying the course, going to get through this.  I pray everyday, I ask for strength, I ask for courage to get through the day.  I know that God will not give me more than I can handle, and doing my best to dig very very deep.  I am extremely tough on myself and need to give myself a break and just let things take their course.  I can only control my treatment, which I am doing and the results will be seen. 

Today I pray for patience and I pray for hope. 

#44 Dee3

Dee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hey guys, I just want to say patience and hope are definetely needed and these meds DO improve your acne, just not overnight. To make things easier don't examine yourself everyday, not weekly even but let the months go by one by one, and every so often take note of the improvement. Yes, some months it may seem your acne gets worse but eventually as time goes on these bad phases will die out and the good months will become more constant.

Until then keep busy, whether you are at work or in educaction, just put yourself into work and try to forget about acne for now as it's a long road till then. The more busy you keep yourself, the more it will make time go quicker an before you know it, 6 months will have gone and so on..

Keep your faith in god and stay positive, hope this helps :) x

#45 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

Thank you for your encouraging words.  These last few weeks have truly tested me and am thankful for faith, family, friends and God right now.  It feels like there is no end in sight, but I know that is not the truth.  I just am having a hard time getting out of my own way.  I basically would prefer to hide until this is over, but I know that is not an option.  Acne really helps you become humbled and tests your pride, strength and courage.  I am going through a purge of clogged pores at the moment and it's really disheartening but it has to be done.  I've been using Paula's Choice for the last few weeks and assuming my exfoliation routine is what is causing all of this.  Just feels neverending, I mean there are a ton of pores on your face, so what do I expect.  TIme just feels like it going by so slowly, it's the focus like you said that I need to change.  I will work on that daily, and thank you!  Pouring myself into work is at least an option.  I am very thankful for a job I love!

Hey guys, I just want to say patience and hope are definetely needed and these meds DO improve your acne, just not overnight. To make things easier don't examine yourself everyday, not weekly even but let the months go by one by one, and every so often take note of the improvement. Yes, some months it may seem your acne gets worse but eventually as time goes on these bad phases will die out and the good months will become more constant.

Until then keep busy, whether you are at work or in educaction, just put yourself into work and try to forget about acne for now as it's a long road till then. The more busy you keep yourself, the more it will make time go quicker an before you know it, 6 months will have gone and so on..

Keep your faith in god and stay positive, hope this helps smile.png x

#46 Dee3

Dee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

I'm glad you found my words encouraging, acne does indeed humble you as a person and I found after I got over my worst acne, it changed me. I was very superficial before the acne and felt looks were important etc, but after the acne, even when my skin improved to the point others could not tell I'd ever had acne, I realised looks are not really that important as they change but your pride and happiness should be based on the person you are on the inside as that is what really lasts and counts in relationships with friends, loved ones and family etc.

People who make you feel your skin is some sort of problem just because it has a few spots need to avoided and try to surround yourself with positive people who don't give a toss. It really does test your strength & courage in that sense but just remember it is making you stronger as a person! They say every hard time tests you and it really does, but if you pass then the future will only be brighter!

#47 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Tonight decided to do my first Mandelic Acid peel.  I am on a crusade to destroy these clogged pores that have been plaguing me.  If I were to say if Spiro works or not, I would say yes.  The reason why I am not clear at 10 1/2 weeks is the breakout of a ton of clogged pores the first month.  It was either the Spiro, product I was using- Cerave hydrating cleanser, PCA Clearskin and perhaps not enough exoliation, but I've never ever experienced anything like this except the last time I used clindamycin, basically it brought all the gunk to the surface and then slowly cleared.  Soooo the moral of this story is, I can't cry about it, I have to launch a plan of attack.  My hormonal breakouts are under control with the Spiro and Yasmin, along with diet.  Now it's the next 4-6 weeks that I will be trying out various peels to exfoliate, clear and purge the remainder of my issue.  I've got some clogs on each cheek, just a few on my left side of my chin/mouth and a good amount on my right side which has been calm for a while.  They are just sitting under the skin.  Well not for long.

I ordered the MUAC Mandelic 25% and started it tonight at 3 1/2 minutes.  It actually felt a little warm, but no stinging.  This is suppose to be gentle with no downtime, no crazy peeling, but I expect some purging and good exfoliation from it.  It has anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties.  It feels weird not putting BP on my face tonight but also kinda nice.  I will rotate in a Salicylic 8-15% and continue that over the next few weeks.  I still use PC 2% gel, but due to some posts on here from Green Gable who talked about her stubborn comedones, clogs I orded Diana Yvonne 5% Salicylic to start using daily, prob try it at night so I can monitor the immediate effect, I'm sure it will be fine. I've been torturing my skin w BP for years.  I just recently these last few months switched from 10% daily (strong I know) to 2.5% and spot treat buggers with the 10%, really keeps inflammation down.

I've also ordered the AHA moisturizer from here and will try to mix that in with my Cerave.  Continuing to use a gentle cleanser.  I'll tell you one thing, acne has got me focused and determined to get rid of it!!  So today I am going to sleep knowing I have another plan of attack, I am not helpless.  There are tools at my disposal and I am gonna use them.  Gentle and slowly to start till I eradicate every last clog.  The goal is cleared clogs and get off Doxy before the summer!!

#48 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

Well mandelic acid works...

The right side of my face where there are a ton of clogged pores/small bumps have awoken.  It's going to be a tough few weeks to ride this out, but there is no other choice.  As much as I would like them to magically disappear, that's not going to happen.  I have to accept the process.

Going back to the Natropath today to get all of my test results, all 19 of them.  Will see what the next course of action is to get me, my hormones, and my body completely on track.  This week I had 3 small bumps on my jawline.  So hormonal breakouts have not ceased. I am still pretty oily throughout the day. Skipped my period this week and started my 3rd pack of Yasmin, so may be the reason for that small breakout. 1 is flat, 1 is going flat and the other spot just came to the party. 

To be honest, my biggest anxieties throughout this whole thing have been what other people think about my face and what is going on.  I mean I've told everyone I pretty much interact with I'm on meds, etc and this is part of the process.  But it's like I still feel like I have to hide it.  Yes, it's getting way worse before it gets better.  That is the sucky part of this journey, but I can't stop it.  I can only aid it along.  I've decided to have a talk with my boyfriend, guy I'm dating.  I've had so much anxiety trying to hide my feelings about the breakouts.  I've tried to hide it all from him.  Even though I've shared what I'm going through.  I'm going to let him know how much it has affected me and that I am doing all that I can to fix it, but I need some understanding and patience.  I don't feel like going out in public and parading my skin around and once I share this with him he can decide what his reaction will be.  That's all I can do.  I need to remove all anxiety about this treatment and the outcomes so I can focus on getting healthy.  I pray daily for courage, strength and I know I will get through this.  But I do ask, can we just hurry this along PLEASE ;)

#49 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

11+ Weeks on Spiro and just started Pregnenolone 25 mg last Friday

Pregnenolone is to balance out my Progesterone and Estrogen deficiency and dominance. The blood test results obviously did show Testosterone was still high, levels of DHEA and DHT and Free were good.  It's the crazy Estrogen dominance and almost no Progesterone that is causing all of the emotional, anxiety and also affecting the skin.

I had about 5 spots end of last week/Sat on my left jaw/neck.  Pretty much all flat and gone now, but sucked.  The rest of my face is still purging of the clogged pores.  Going to use the MUAC 15% Salicylic acid peel tonight as the Mandelic helped bring some things up last week, I just have such a problem with skin shedding that I need to chemically exfoliate or they hang around forever.  I have one pretty sore inflammed spot that was a comedone and now is just red and hurts when I smile.  It's one of the last on my laugh line on my left side. Continuing on my exoliation plan to push along these clogs and try to keep them from inflamming into anything large.  Grrrrr to oil and skin!  Excited to actually purge this crap out of my face for good!

#50 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

So it's almost 3 months now on Spiro.  Haven't had a hormonal breakout/new spot since end of last week.  I had 5 spots total last week on jaw/chin/neck area.  We shall see as the rest of the week progresses.  Since starting the Pregnenolone last Friday, I've noticed my breasts have been more tender, sore and grown a bit.  Hoping this is a good sign of Estrogen/Progesterone balancing out.  Unfortunately it is hard to tell which hormone Pregnenolone will decide to turn into - Progesterone, DHEA, Estrogen, etc. But since I'm already taking Spiro and yasmin, hoping that it takes the cue and realizes what I don't have.  I did order some NPC as well, just in case.  Have an endocronolgy appt in 2 weeks to go over my results.  We shall see if they think my Spiro is high enough for my imbalance, or what other suggestions they have.

Update on my skin.  Well I did my first MUAC 15% Salicylic acid peel.  Put that baby on for a minute and boy did she sting.  No frosting, it's still a mild peel.  But I have clogged pores on my lower half of my face and a few on each cheek that have been there FORever and need to go.  I got a little upset this morning when I saw a few red spots, but I then remembered I need and want this purge to happen.  I've got these comedones that have to go somewhere, so I need to suck it up and let them come up and out.  Once the purge is over from this, I will do another 25% Mandelic peel to calm, soothe and clear up another round that I am sure I will need.  I plan to continue to rotate.  After I can clear the clogs, my goal will be to then look at Glycolic and Lactic peels for PIH and exfoliation.  So that's it for now.  Not gonna be down about my acne today.  Doing something about it, it sucks, but it's life and it's my life and won't let this ruin it.

#51 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Two days after my 15% Salicylic acid peel and things are looking up.  Several clogged pores have cleared out around my mouth that have just been sitting there.  The peel really helps to bring all of the clogs out while keeping things less inflammed. I did have two inflammed spots this week, it's that tough area near my laugh line sides of my mouth that always get inflammed.  Think the pores there are just so deep, but everything else is coming out very small, light pink and should be gone after another peel next week.  I truly feel hopeful today and able to concentrate on things outside of my skin.  I ordered a 20% salicylic/30% lactic acid peel that I am going to try next week.  Clear out these clogs while working on some PIH.  These peels have really helped to speed the progress along.  Since I choose to stay away from the Retin A route, I needed another option to clear this bout of comedonal acne and will continue using peels at home as they have been proving helpful.

Overall feel good with coming into my 3rd month on Spiro.  I've been taking Pregnenalone for about 1 week and so far no ill side effects.  One day at a time and not going to pressure myself to be clear by any specific date.  I have found a skincare regime that has left my tone in good shape, not dry and will only make my skin look that much better once I finally clear the remainder of these clogged pores.  Keeping my chin up and spirits high.  Thankful to have all of these tools at my disposal in my journey to clear this acne once and for all.  xo Happy Friday!

#52 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

So not sure if anyone ever reads this, but tracking my progress and how far I have come has helped for me to continue to practice gratefulness.  Today I am a few days into my 4th month on Spironolactone and I finally am starting to see the light at the end of the very long and dark tunnel.

I did my 2nd 25% mandelic acid peel last night and am really loving it.  Makes my skin smooth, helps to shrink down any current spots, exfoliates and helps to purge impurities.  I'm going to start doing these every 4 days since my skin seems to really tolerate them well.  I have a few clogged pores on my forehead, each cheek and a few on the lower jaw on each side.  This is nothing compared to the tons and tons that showed up the first month on Spiro.  With continued exfoliation and light extraction I should see a continued minimization.  The areas that have all cleared have stayed clear.  Now it will be continuous work on fading PIH and working to not pick, only light extractions when something is close to the surface.  I have continued hope and faith in this process and this medication.  When you have a true hormonal imbalance it can affect your life in so many ways.  Acne is one, one that is way more than surface.  I have to be thankful though for acne.  Because it bothered me so much that I started breaking out that I searched and searched and searched until I found answers why.  My body was exhausted, it was all messed up hormonally, my liver was not clean, my life was not balanced, I needed to stop and take inventory.  I am not out of the woods yet, but I am feeling blessed and thankful for all of this.  I have wished for clarity amongst many other things, when you wish and you are determined, you make your wishes come true.  I look forward to being clear!! 

#53 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

So I hit 90 days this weekend, so I guess  you could consider that officially 3 months.  At the moment my remaining issue is a few clogged pores left on each cheek and each side of my jaw.  I have been faithfully using BHA/AHA to help clear these and keep them from inflamming before they die off. However, I've had a few come to life which isn't fun, but at least it's not NEW spots.  Which is really nice.  Things in the new spot department have pretty much died down the last 3 weeks.  I did my 3rd peel last night, I layered 5% salicylic then with 25% Mandelic acid for my peel.  I love the way the Mandelic works, it calms and helps get the clogs to get up and out without being as harsh as salicylic.  I ordered a combo 15% Salicylic/15% Mandelic and think that will be the next one I do to help these final clogs along.  I admit,  I have extracted several clogs, because they are so fing stubbon.  I was not going to pick, but man these needed to be coaxed out.  I only have one repercussion at the moment from trying to extract one clog before it was ready.  Oh well, can't change it but it will at least be gone by the weekend.  Once these final clogged pores kick the freaking bucket already (seriously have NEVER had this problem before ;/)  I will start my 40% Lacitc Acid peel and rotate with the Fade Peel I got from MUAC.  I also ordered their Mandelic toner and think I am going to rotate that in with my Glycolic toner and stop Salicylic as it is making my skin a bit rougher/dryer. 

Less sometimes is more, but when you want to eradicate clogs you sometimes have to get the big guns out.  I'm still a bit oily throughout the day, wonder if the peels are causing a bit of this.  Have an appt with the Endo this week and will see what they think.  I'm less oily then when I started, but wondering if this will impede my future success and improvement. Happy Monday all. 

#54 kimber607

kimber607

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

wow..thanks for sharing your story

almost 41 here and have been dealing with hormonal breakouts for 2 yrs

I wish you the best of luck and will continue to track your journey

wishing you the best!

Kim

#55 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Thanks Kim!  Hormonal acne as an adult woman is SO challenging in so many ways.  Emotionally, mentally and physically!  What are you currently doing to combat them on your end.  Love to share this journey.

Liz

wow..thanks for sharing your story

almost 41 here and have been dealing with hormonal breakouts for 2 yrs

I wish you the best of luck and will continue to track your journey

wishing you the best!

Kim

#56 kimber607

kimber607

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

Oral antibiotics for a year now....no change..dont know why I keep talking them

no neg side effects though ...am afraid how much worse it would be w/ out, retin-a and acanya

acanya was a DISASTER (used it all over in the am than just as a spot treatment and was all around BAD)....

Dr talked me into staying on it for 10 days and I got more breakouts that week than in my life..It was BADDDDD

Im so scared now to try anything else topical

They had to think I was fudging..they said they have NEVER heard of such a bad reaction....but my skin was a huge mess..6 weeks out now and things are just starting to calm down and I am left with scars galore

Next step is spiro or low dose bcp

low dose bcp a little  scary because of my advanced age..LOL and spiro as Ive been reading about hair loss/fatigue/substantial weight gain...not one thing its another

Funny to how all the rx that I keep wasting $$ on need to be approved by my insurance (takes weeks) because of my advanced age..like tis impossible im still breaking out

sorry for the vent and novel about my history..maybe some others can relate

So seeing a new derm that came highly highly rec next week

we shall see

GOOD LUCK to you!

fingers crossed

Kim

#57 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

my skin reacted pretty positively to spiro! i was on 25mg for about two months before i ran out and now im waiting to get my potassium checked so my derm can prescribe more. im also using retin-a and aczone, which are keeping my pimples at bay for the most part, but its definitely not as good as it was with the spiro.

^ as for the fatigue and weight gain, i didnt notice any changes in those areas for me. but everyones different, right? at least weight gain isnt super serious so you can always try to control that to some extent. i was more worried about the possible hair loss but i started taking biotin around the same time i started spiro and i must say my hair's been looking pretty luscious.

#58 kimber607

kimber607

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

my skin reacted pretty positively to spiro! i was on 25mg for about two months before i ran out and now im waiting to get my potassium checked so my derm can prescribe more. im also using retin-a and aczone, which are keeping my pimples at bay for the most part, but its definitely not as good as it was with the spiro.

^ as for the fatigue and weight gain, i didnt notice any changes in those areas for me. but everyones different, right? at least weight gain isnt super serious so you can always try to control that to some extent. i was more worried about the possible hair loss but i started taking biotin around the same time i started spiro and i must say my hair's been looking pretty luscious.

thanks for info

fatigue and hair loss scare me most...my hair has been bad sonce some thyroid issues years ago (afraid of biotin as I was told avoid it..everything can cause breakouts!!)

Glad 25mg is working..seems like a low dose

I was thinking of asking derm about aczone

Ive never used it and it has never been rec to me

do u use it all over..I really want something preventative not just spot treating..ya know?

glad u found something that works so well for you!

Kim

#59 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hey ladies.  I've not experience much fatigue outside of the first few weeks of taking it.  I do agree 25 mg is a low dose, but many women to clear on Yasmin which has about that amount of Spiro in it in addition to other hormones.  Hairloss is not something I've heard much of either, at higher doses it actually helps hair on the head, but stops or slows growth on unwanted place for women, face/chin etc. 

thanks for info

fatigue and hair loss scare me most...my hair has been bad sonce some thyroid issues years ago (afraid of biotin as I was told avoid it..everything can cause breakouts!!)

Glad 25mg is working..seems like a low dose

I was thinking of asking derm about aczone

Ive never used it and it has never been rec to me

do u use it all over..I really want something preventative not just spot treating..ya know?

glad u found something that works so well for you!

Kim

Had my first migraine in about a year.  Not sure what the cause was, use to have these as a teenager and would be due to stress, caffeine, hormones.  It definitely was not as bad as the ones I use to get, the aura lasted only about 20 minutes and then took a nap for 2 hours and it's pretty much gone.  They use to debilitate me for a day or so.  Makes me feel better to know they are at least manageable.  As far as my skin, I did the peel on Sunday night so just have some minor purging of the stubborn clogs, I did some extractions (bad I know) but it's either me or weeks and weeks or they get inflammed.  I try to be super careful, just can't wait for this to be over.  I only have a few left on each cheek and on each side of my lower jaw/chin.   These last buggers are annoying the crap out of me.  If it weren't for them hanging around I would be clear and able to start working on my PIH.  Hoping they are gone in the next week!

#60 kimber607

kimber607

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Update:

spoke to my derm today and rec aczone am (before trying low dose bcp or spiro..than it sounded like she recs bcp and spiro together..id ont wnt to take 2 meds if I dont have to?)

also said start bcp first and may not need spiro but not against doing both

retin-a pm

but still hoping can control with topicals

My skin is soooooo dry

just had a bad reaction to aloe and elta md

any light lotions that wont cause breakouts or clogged pores?

Thanks all

Kim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users