4 replies to this topic

#1 briancl

briancl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Hey all,

Kinda stumped by my skin condition. I always think it's acne, seborrheic dermatitis, demodex, malasezzia folliculitis. Tried all the medications and it never seems to go away. The only time it improves tremendously is when I was out with the flu for a few days. As a result, I wasn't able to eat and I noticed my skin improves all of a sudden. Does this happen to anyone else? It came back when I started eating again. I don't eat sugar, only protein, brown rice, and vegetables.

#2 underneath32

underneath32

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is - Alan Watts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

Firstly, have you had your skin condition looked at by a GP or practitioner? You have mentioned a few conditions that all have their own tolerances and triggers etc. I know it is a lengthy process, however if you keep a food journal in order to find your trigger you may have better luck; given your mentioned diet you may be able to find the culprit quite easily. Good Luck

#3 jlcampi

jlcampi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Hey all,

Kinda stumped by my skin condition. I always think it's acne, seborrheic dermatitis, demodex, malasezzia folliculitis. Tried all the medications and it never seems to go away. The only time it improves tremendously is when I was out with the flu for a few days. As a result, I wasn't able to eat and I noticed my skin improves all of a sudden. Does this happen to anyone else? It came back when I started eating again. I don't eat sugar, only protein, brown rice, and vegetables.

Acne is difficult to miss. If that's what you have, then it makes sense that not eating is helping. Acne is virtually always hormone related. It caused by elevated testosterone and secondarily insulin. When you stop eating, especially if you tend to carbs, insulin will drop along with your ability to produce fat. This can decrease sebum production and decrease acne.

#4 alfredodixz

alfredodixz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cure my acne o/

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

I remember when I ldont eat anything for 4 days and my oily skin was reducted ia bit, its my experience....The fourth day I cant continue :(

#5 Riddled

Riddled

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Personally when i am ill my acne worsens, but then many also report improving of acne whilst they are ill. Seems to be people either side.

There are various possible reasons for this:

Acne involves inflammation and the immune system, being ill might effect the immune system to be less or more involved with the process in your skin that causes acne [ in very simple terms].

As others have said, acne involves hormones, not eating will "lower" the hormones involved. [not really helpful or a long term solution though - but intermittent fasting does seem to work for some].

By not eating you may be avoiding the "allergen/trigger" for your acne [in simple terms].

Being ill changes your normal state of mind etc - less stress maybe.

More sleep.

Who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users