Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Eating, Skin Improves

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Kinda stumped by my skin condition. I always think it's acne, seborrheic dermatitis, demodex, malasezzia folliculitis. Tried all the medications and it never seems to go away. The only time it improves tremendously is when I was out with the flu for a few days. As a result, I wasn't able to eat and I noticed my skin improves all of a sudden. Does this happen to anyone else? It came back when I started eating again. I don't eat sugar, only protein, brown rice, and vegetables.

Firstly, have you had your skin condition looked at by a GP or practitioner? You have mentioned a few conditions that all have their own tolerances and triggers etc. I know it is a lengthy process, however if you keep a food journal in order to find your trigger you may have better luck; given your mentioned diet you may be able to find the culprit quite easily. Good Luck

Hey all,

Kinda stumped by my skin condition. I always think it's acne, seborrheic dermatitis, demodex, malasezzia folliculitis. Tried all the medications and it never seems to go away. The only time it improves tremendously is when I was out with the flu for a few days. As a result, I wasn't able to eat and I noticed my skin improves all of a sudden. Does this happen to anyone else? It came back when I started eating again. I don't eat sugar, only protein, brown rice, and vegetables.

I remember when I ldont eat anything for 4 days and my oily skin was reducted ia bit, its my experience....The fourth day I cant continue :(

Personally when i am ill my acne worsens, but then many also report improving of acne whilst they are ill. Seems to be people either side.

There are various possible reasons for this:

Acne involves inflammation and the immune system, being ill might effect the immune system to be less or more involved with the process in your skin that causes acne [ in very simple terms].

As others have said, acne involves hormones, not eating will "lower" the hormones involved. [not really helpful or a long term solution though - but intermittent fasting does seem to work for some].

By not eating you may be avoiding the "allergen/trigger" for your acne [in simple terms].

Being ill changes your normal state of mind etc - less stress maybe.

More sleep.

Who knows.