acne scalp infection sores itchy bumps whiteheads lymph nodes red

No replies to this topic

#1 maeson

maeson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Hey I'm new here so I thought I'd try my luck and see if anyone has ever heard of anything like this before...

I am a 26 yr old male that has always had clean skin but I have been dealing with a recurring skin sore infection for about 5 years now. It all started when I was prescribed Prednisone for a bronchial infection. 

After the course of Prednisone, I noticed two itchy bumps on my scalp and developed acne all along my beard area. Every day I would wake up with about 10-20 whiteheads that remained red and very itchy all day. The same sores took over my scalp. While these sores are on my scalp, 2 lymph nodes behind my neck begin to swell, becoming very hard and sore to the touch. If I move my hair the slightest bit, I feel pain. I am not able to lie down on a pillow comfortably at all. 

The bumps also like to appear on my forehead, corners of my nose and my temples. They are VERY itchy, start out red and turn into whiteheads but they take a while to heal. No over the counter products have any effect whatsoever.

I saw a GP over this course of 5 years that prescribed me a plethora of different antibiotics and topical creams. I also saw a Dermatologist that did a biopsy on the infected sore which came back negative. The doctors I have seen are absolutely stumped as to why this is happening. I have had several blood tests which have come back clean and "above average" with no deficiencies, according to my GP. The infection is not contagious so that's a plus. It could be some sort of autoimmune disorder. Idk. 

My next appointment is for an Upper Endoscopy to further check for other issues. 

As for the medicine that I have been prescribed, only two have shown positive results, clearing my skin entirely and decreasing the size of my lymph nodes back to normal, but ONLY while I am on that medication. As soon as I stop the course, within a week, the infection comes back with a vengeance in the same spots on my skin as they were before and spreading along the hairline on my face. Any spot with a hair follicle is susceptible to developing a itchy, whitehead like sore with clear pus. But the infection is mostly on my scalp. 

The only 2 antibiotics that worked are Keflex and Bactrim. 
Topicals have absolutely no effect on the infection. 

Here is a list below of all the medications I have been prescribed:

Benzoyl peroxide topical: No effect
Amoxicillin: No effect 
Doxycycline: No effect 
Clobetasol topical: No effect 
Erythromycin topical and tabs: No effect
Keflex: WORKS during the course
Bactrim: WORKS during the course 

I have tried the candida diet plan, gluten free diet plan, detox, colon cleanse, enemas, you name it.. And I have not found any relief. I am a relatively healthy 26 yr old male, I weigh 150 and exercise regularly. Not sure why this is happening to me. 

If you or anyone has any idea what this could be, please point me in the right direction. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users