The Evolutionary Biology Behind Acne

81 replies to this topic

#21 kokobear

kokobear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

Everyone carries the "acne gene" , most people, however, do not encounter their trigger.

Maybe. Because the issue isn't necessarily the genes.  Turns out after all the mapping was done, we don't have that many genes.  It's the enzymes. And they are switched on and off by what you do to yourself or by what your parents did and then are passed down to you.  In the study involving epigenetics & diabetes prone people, they found it took a few generations for the switch back to 'normal.'

Here's the thread:  http://www.acne.org/...volved-in-acne/

What about those with the Huntington's gene or other dreaded genetic disorders? That can't really be switched off or can it? I'm curious.

#22 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

Everyone carries the "acne gene" , most people, however, do not encounter their trigger.

Maybe. Because the issue isn't necessarily the genes.  Turns out after all the mapping was done, we don't have that many genes.  It's the enzymes. And they are switched on and off by what you do to yourself or by what your parents did and then are passed down to you.  In the study involving epigenetics & diabetes prone people, they found it took a few generations for the switch back to 'normal.'

What about those with the Huntington's gene or other dreaded genetic disorders? That can't really be switched off or can it? I'm curious.

You can turn off Genes by removing the allergen that turned it on. The popular name for it is "reversing" , as in reversing chronic disease. It's no myth. That's what I do.

#23 kokobear

kokobear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

You can turn off Genes by removing the allergen that turned it on. The popular name for it is "reversing" , as in reversing chronic disease. It's no myth. That's what I do.

There's not always an allergen. People develop things spontaneously for reasons unknown.

#24 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

There's not always an allergen. People develop things spontaneously for reasons unknown.

The tendency towards diabetes I mentioned is switched by famine or just by being from a culture in which you don't so much to eat all the time. Which is how it should be for all of us. Going hungry once in a while allows important processes to happen. And why intermittent fasting is so beneificial.

#25 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

That is according to our current healthcare system (which ranks 46th in the world by the way) to use as their excuse to push more meds so Doctors can keep that paycheck coming in from pharmaceutical companies.

When you break down what chronic diseases really are, you see what they really are. 2 main types... Autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Doctors unwittingly gave us the cause of Autoimmune with what causes Celiac Disease and inflammation is an allergic reaction. It's really that simple.

#26 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

That is according to our current healthcare system (which ranks 46th in the world by the way) to use as their excuse to push more meds so Doctors can keep that paycheck coming in from pharmaceutical companies.

When you break down what chronic diseases really are, you see what they really are. 2 main types... Autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Doctors unwittingly gave us the cause of Autoimmune with what causes Celiac Disease and inflammation is an allergic reaction. It's really that simple.

There are many inflammation sources/responses that have nothing to do with allergic response. 

#27 kokobear

kokobear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Who's "our" healthcare system? not everyone here is from the United States, you have to think beyond your country. Other European health systems are functioning much better than the U.S in terms of healthcare, patient satisfaction, longevity ect. not every system is broken and corrupt like you may perceive it to be.

And autoimmune issues are highly complex in their pathogenesis, neither is it all chalked up to an allergic reaction.

Edited by kokobear, 09 January 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#28 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

Who's "our" healthcare system? not everyone here is from the United States, you have to think beyond your country. Other European health systems are functioning much better than the U.S in terms of healthcare, patient satisfaction, longevity ect. not every system is broken and corrupt like you may perceive it to be.

And autoimmune issues are highly complex in their pathogenesis, neither is it all chalked up to an allergic reaction.

so far I have reversed arthritis/joint pain, acid reflux, Celiac Disease, acne, psoriasis, dermatitis herpetiformis, rosacea, and vision loss. I also lowered cholesterol way below 200 and get people into their BMI range. Dr Peter Osborne has reversed thyroid disease and stage 3 kidney disease among others. We both use the same method. What diseases are more complex than those?

#29 kokobear

kokobear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

so far I have reversed arthritis/joint pain, acid reflux, Celiac Disease, acne, psoriasis, dermatitis herpetiformis, rosacea, and vision loss. I also lowered cholesterol way below 200 and get people into their BMI range. Dr Peter Osborne has reversed thyroid disease and stage 3 kidney disease among others. We both use the same method. What diseases are more complex than those?

Cystic fibrosis? many types of Cancers? Nervous system disorders ect.

#30 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

Haha, don't even bring up cancer...SDR WellnessCoach called that a severe allergic reaction in another post in which we argued the same thing that's being argued in this post.

#31 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

there's no Justice, it's just Us

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:making buddies with musicians derived/altered by acne :)

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

osteoporosis please. for my mum :P is that a reversible allergic reaction also? lol

#32 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Haha, don't even bring up cancer...SDR WellnessCoach called that a severe allergic reaction in another post in which we argued the same thing that's being argued in this post.

You do know that the link between acid reflux and esophageal cancer is crystal clear? Now they linked acid reflux to throat and voice box cancers. Just like the link between thyroid disease and thyroid cancer.

People are reversing cancer by diet change alone. Why does that work? Because they are eliminating the allergen that is triggering the Gene that signals the immune response.

You can google that they say obese children are more likely to develop cancer than their non obese counter part. I reversed 2 out of 3 of those chronic diseases and Dr Osborne did the other by eliminating food allergies only.

Watch "Forks Over Knives" and you will here this from a biochemist and a few other Doctors. Or sit there and assume you are right and I'm wrong even though you have done nothing even close to what I have as well as others. You sound like the Dr's that said Celiac Disease was a European disease. Lol

#33 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

You do know that the link between acid reflux and esophageal cancer is crystal clear? Now they linked acid reflux to throat and voice box cancers. Just like the link between thyroid disease and thyroid cancer.

People are reversing cancer by diet change alone. Why does that work? Because they are eliminating the allergen that is triggering the Gene that signals the immune response.

You can google that they say obese children are more likely to develop cancer than their non obese counter part. I reversed 2 out of 3 of those chronic diseases and Dr Osborne did the other by eliminating food allergies only.

Watch "Forks Over Knives" and you will here this from a biochemist and a few other Doctors. Or sit there and assume you are right and I'm wrong even though you have done nothing even close to what I have as well as others. You sound like the Dr's that said Celiac Disease was a European disease. Lol

You're right up to the point where you claim that diet works because you're eliminating an allergen. Cancer is not an autoimmune disease and it does not result from food allergy, rather it results from lack of nutrition combined with an imbalance of macromolecular nutrients (too many carbohydrates). Yes, diet can fix it and/or prevent it. But this isn't the result of removing allergens, rather a result of obtaining the correct nutrition and removing agents that screw with metabolism or suppress the immune system.

#34 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

gahhhhhh....cancer is a result of a mutation in your DNA that causes your cells to grow and divide at rapid rates.
For example, certain types of skin cancer happen when UV rays change three nucleotides to three thymines in a row. This causes a break in the "ladder" of your DNA, and you can't create the proteins needed for normal cell growth. This is not an allergic reaction, and is also not caused by the unhealthy consumption of macromolecules. In fact, bacteria can get this mutation from UV rays...but I don't see them getting obese-- excessive nutrients are NOT the reason behind cancer.

Anyway...I believe we are getting WAAAY off topic from the original post.

Edited by heitea, 09 January 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#35 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

gahhhhhh....cancer is a result of a mutation in your DNA that causes your cells to grow and divide at rapid rates.
For example, certain types of skin cancer happen when UV rays change three nucleotides to three thymines in a row. This causes a break in the "ladder" of your DNA, and you can't create the proteins needed for normal cell growth. This is not an allergic reaction, and is also not caused by the unhealthy consumption of macromolecules. In fact, bacteria can get this mutation from UV rays...but I don't see them getting obese-- excessive nutrients are NOT the reason behind cancer.

There are more ways than UV radiation to cause mutations in DNA. In fact, radiation is one of the less common causes of cancer, and is primarily restricted to skin cancer. Many more cancers arise from free radical reactions (a chain reaction in which an atom with a single unpaired electron can replace an atom with a full set of electrons, thus generating another radical). Free radicals are generated in a number of ways including smoking, radiation, and pollution, but they are primarily generated by our own metabolism (a side effect of the last step of the electron transport chain in which O2 becomes H2O). This is why our body makes a number of antioxidants, and why antioxidants are said to have cancer-preventative activities.

Even in conventional medicine, it has been clear for some time now that obesity and diabetes are correlated with increased cancer risk, as are smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.

#36 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

You're right up to the point where you claim that diet works because you're eliminating an allergen. Cancer is not an autoimmune disease and it does not result from food allergy, rather it results from lack of nutrition combined with an imbalance of macromolecular nutrients (too many carbohydrates). Yes, diet can fix it and/or prevent it. But this isn't the result of removing allergens, rather a result of obtaining the correct nutrition and removing agents that screw with metabolism or suppress the immune system.

umm... you did know Celiac Disease is also linked to cancer right? You also knew Celiac Disease is caused by an immune response to gluten I'm sure?
Allergens are what sets everything in motion.

Ps... the biochemist in "Forks Over Knives" grew up on a dairy farm and set out to show how good milk was for us. He learned just the opposite. Hence "Forks Over Knives".

pss... pay attention to some medication commercials, some tell you cancer can be an allergic reaction to the medication.

#37 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

umm... you did know Celiac Disease is also linked to cancer right? You also knew Celiac Disease is caused by an immune response to gluten I'm sure?

Ps... the biochemist in "Forks Over Knives" grew up on a dairy farm and set out to show how good milk was for us. He learned just the opposite. Hence "Forks Over Knives".

pss... pay attention to some medication commercials, some tell you cancer can be an allergic reaction to the medication.

There are cases where immune reactions *can* lead to cancer, but this is in the extreme minority of cancers. Celiac being correlated with cancer is one case. The types of cancers celiacs are disposed to get are also extremely limited, I think to some lymphomas (probably because most of your immune system is situated around the digestive tract). Most cancers are not caused by immune reactions to an antigen.

In regards to medication, side effects can sometimes include cancer, but this is pretty much never due to allergic reaction; it's due to immune suppression.

But come on now, unless you want to deny that UV radiation causes mutations via T dimers which can lead to cancer, you can't make the claim that all cancers originate from an immune response, nevermind allergy.

Edited by Quetzlcoatl, 09 January 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#38 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

There are cases where immune reactions *can* lead to cancer, but this is in the extreme minority of cancers. Celiac being correlated with cancer is one case. The types of cancers celiacs are disposed to get are also extremely limited, I think to some lymphomas (probably because most of your immune system is situated around the digestive tract). Most cancers are not caused by immune reactions to an antigen.

In regards to medication, side effects can sometimes include cancer, but this is pretty much never due to allergic reaction; it's due to immune suppression.

But come on now, unless you want to deny that UV radiation causes mutations via T dimers which can lead to cancer, you can't make the claim that all cancers originate from an immune response, nevermind allergy.

try and spend some time reading up on food sensitivities and cancer. The amount of research done on this is mind blowing.

Gluten does not cause cancer. Chemicals do not cause cancer. They are not living, breathing, or moving. So how do you suppose they have direct links to cancer? If you or anybody else did any hands on research on what I'm claiming, you will come to the same conclusion everyone else like me came to.

Everyone here that disputes me is very knowledgeable in the functionality of diseases. Much more than I am. This is in part because I turned my focus to the root cause/origin. I have done hands on research on what I claim. I have reversed diseases that Americans spend millions on, live with, and die from. I read tons of research on this but I also didn't believe it until I did it for myself. I know it's hard to believe but this is what comes up every time researchers focus on food.

Ps... T. Colin Campbell got the chance of a lifetime to witness many chronic diseases (including cancer) develop in, for the most part, disease free people. He wrote about it. It's called The China Study.

#39 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Edited by heitea, 09 January 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#40 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

There are more ways than UV radiation to cause mutations in DNA. In fact, radiation is one of the less common causes of cancer, and is primarily restricted to skin cancer. Many more cancers arise from free radical reactions (a chain reaction in which an atom with a single unpaired electron can replace an atom with a full set of electrons, thus generating another radical). Free radicals are generated in a number of ways including smoking, radiation, and pollution, but they are primarily generated by our own metabolism (a side effect of the last step of the electron transport chain in which O2 becomes H2O). This is why our body makes a number of antioxidants, and why antioxidants are said to have cancer-preventative activities.

Even in conventional medicine, it has been clear for some time now that obesity and diabetes are correlated with increased cancer risk, as are smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.

For one reason, cancer cells are full of insulin receptors to divert sugar to cancer cells for rapid growth. Low glycemic diet would slow growth and let your body defeat the cancer the way it would have done in the first place without you even being aware if only you hadn't been consuming massive amounts of sugar & high glycemic meals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users