Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Oily Skin Stop With Some Birth Controls?!

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys..

I know that some birth controls make acne and therefore oily skin even worse..thanks to Green Gables and the great information! But its been a full month on Ortho Cyclen- which has low androgenic effects and I still have veryyy oily skin and clogged pores. Does this ever change?! Anyone had experiences?!

Please!

One month isn't really enough to see any real difference. Even when I took yaz and yazmin which are androgenic (stronger at suppressing oil than ortho-cyclen) I didn't notice a reduction in my oil until about 3-4 months in, and it wasn't completely gone until 6 months in. Since ortho-cyclen is not an anti-androgen, I wouldn't expect to see a complete reduction in oil, though. I think only yaz, yasmin, or spiro could do that.

With Loette I noticed a difference in a week. But then when I had my sugar pill bleed my skin got really oily again. I agree with Paigems, give it several months.

SUPPLEMENTS:

Orthoplex Multi Flora Probiotic

Zinc & Vitamin C

I agree with everyone else here when they say to wait several months, but some birth controls definitely do help with lessening oil production. I am currently on Yasmin and it is doing wonders for my oily skin! It isn't quite "normal" yet, but I've been enjoying significant improvement. Keep at it and give it a few months to kick in, you'll get there.

What's been helping me:

- Yasmin

- the Regimen (done once daily)

- 30 mg Zinc once daily

- 5,000 IU Vitamin D3 once daily

My oily skin never stopped.. not even with diane 35. I don't really mind. Without pill it's SUPER oily, but on the pill it's ok. When I use primer and make up setting spray when I go out it stays pretty much matte.