64 replies to this topic

#61 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

@alternatevista.
Correct one molecule can make a difference.
But the general rule of thumb in my pharmacy class is that we predict the actions of the drug based on the molecular structure. And it works pretty damn well most of, but not all, the time.
So here are the similarities between accutane and vitamin A:
1. Similar molecular structure.
2. Nearly identical efficacy in treating cystic acne. (At their respective doses.)
3. Both share many of the same side effects such as: birth defects, dry skin, depression.
Do I even need to go on? At this point you are just being ignorant if you aren't seeing similarity between accutane and vitamin A.
Furthermore, one must ask themselves. If taking a certain amount of an essential vitamin shows a statistically significant reduction in the illness, wouldn't the cause be referred to as a deficiency?
Edit: fixed some grammar mistakes

That vitamin and accutane are similar is fact and common knowledge. Not your discovery. And I've no idea why you feel the need to argue that point.

You were the one who began arguing that they weren't. What on earth are you smoking?

What are you smoking?  I did no arguing whatsoever.  And no one argued that they weren't similar.

#62 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

I Used to think the same way as you until diet controlled my acne about 85-90%. It is all in the diet.

#63 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

there's no Justice, it's just Us

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:making buddies with musicians derived/altered by acne :)

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

I Used to think the same way as you until diet controlled my acne about 85-90%. It is all in the diet.

care to share what you specifically did to your diet?

#64 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

This section of the forums is really good comedy, but that's just it, nothing else. You have one major flaw in your diet curing acne theory:

You think that every human being has perfect genetics and wrong diet just causes all the problems, acne etc. Listen, diet has no effect in your skin, it's all genetics, some people has just bad cards to play with, that's it. Don't blame food for your shitty genetics! Life is ruthless, deal with it.

In one way you have a point. In others you don't.

I follow science, not opinions. If you have something to say then be prepared to prove it with crediable studies on the said subject.

#65 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

This section of the forums is really good comedy, but that's just it, nothing else. You have one major flaw in your diet curing acne theory:

You think that every human being has perfect genetics and wrong diet just causes all the problems, acne etc. Listen, diet has no effect in your skin, it's all genetics, some people has just bad cards to play with, that's it. Don't blame food for your shitty genetics! Life is ruthless, deal with it.

In one way you have a point. In others you don't.

I follow science, not opinions. If you have something to say then be prepared to prove it with crediable studies on the said subject.

What point? I don't see a valid thing in that post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users