24 replies to this topic

#21 katie789

katie789

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Week 3, Day 6

Again, nothing new. Hyperpigmentation continues to slowly fade. I'm lucky - I'm super pale so my zits look really red and obvious, but hyperpigmentation doesn't stick around for a really long time.

#22 katie789

katie789

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Week 4, Day 1

Can't believe Im already on week 4! Nothing new with my skin. Still a bunch of clogged pores that need to come out, but none of them are inflaming.

Edited by katie789, 25 January 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#23 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

Feeling blessed and thankful daily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

How are things going for you so far?  I am day 31 on Spiro 50 mg and day 5 on doxy 200 mg to keep the inflammation of the closed comedones and any flare ups down.  So far the doxy really helped with that. I also switched to Yasmin this month so that is about another 25 mg of Spiro, started that about 9 days ago.  Right now I am in a clearing stage of all the clogged pores that had been just sitting there and dormant.  They are kind of all happening at once so it's definitely not fun.  I'm really pulling for the next few weeks to be weeks of clearing and healing of all this old stuff. 

Hope you are having a good week!!

#24 katie789

katie789

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Week 4, Day 4

Clogged pore is becoming inflamed on my forehead. I'm worried because I see a bunch more clogged pores on my forehead/in between my eyes, but they might just be what the Taz is bringing to the surface.

How are things going for you so far?  I am day 31 on Spiro 50 mg and day 5 on doxy 200 mg to keep the inflammation of the closed comedones and any flare ups down.  So far the doxy really helped with that. I also switched to Yasmin this month so that is about another 25 mg of Spiro, started that about 9 days ago.  Right now I am in a clearing stage of all the clogged pores that had been just sitting there and dormant.  They are kind of all happening at once so it's definitely not fun.  I'm really pulling for the next few weeks to be weeks of clearing and healing of all this old stuff. 

Hope you are having a good week!!

Thanks for your reply!! I'm glad the Doxy is working for you. I felt like it didn't do much for me - my comedones seemed just as inflamed as before - so I stopped taking it. But everyone's bodies work differently :) If the Taz and birth control combo don't work for me, I might try Spiro.

Good luck during your clearing stage!! It sucks, but I know it will be worth it in the end. I went through a period of time when my chin looked AWFUL, but there's so many fewer clogged pores there now, so I'm happy about it. Another thing that might help you is doing mud masks to bring everything to the surface and help things along. I also went to my derm and got a couple of cortisone injections on really nasty zits, so this may help too.

Please let me know how you skin is doing over the next few weeks!!

#25 katie789

katie789

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Week 5, Day 1

I've been breaking out pretty badly in the past couple of days. One clogged pore between my eyes inflamed, one near my eyebrow, and 2 on my chin. It's good that they're coming out, but it's also annoying.

I'm also breaking out in place I don't usually - I have a zit on my neck and another near my ear. I'm thinking that it's either due to stress - I'm a lot more stressed now with schoolwork and everything - or my hormones adjusting to the birth control (I'm in the middle of my second week).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users