57 posts in this topic

Day 7: finished with week 1!
A closed comedones on my chin erupted today and I popped it gently. I'm having weird dryness issues - my skin where I'm apply the topicals is not super dry, but the skin around my eyes has been red and flaking! As well as my lips. I'm not sure why. I guess the topicals are dying my whole face out, and everything suffers, even if the topicals aren't been applied directly on. I've been using Nivea creme to combat the dry patches around my eyes and a lot of burts bees lip balm.
ALSO I've realized that I never really brought up my diet. I've been a vegetarian for 6 years and recently went vegan a couple of months ago - for ethical reasons, not for my acne. But I was hoping my acne would get better as a result. I do not think going vegan has made it improve any, maybe it takes more time than a couple of months to see results. Also, I've been really bad at staying completely vegan over the past month with Christmas and eating nonvegan desserts and stuff, so maybe it's not a fair indication of how my skin will actually change. Of course, now that I've changed my topical regimen, I won't really be able to tell if my vegan diet is working or if it's the topicals.

Week 2 Day 1:
Another 2 comedones on my chin inflamed today. I really think the topicals are bringing everything up to the surface. I've began gently exfoliating with a washcloth to get rid of some dry flakes. 

Week 2 Day 4:
2 comedones around my nose have inflamed. My skin is still super dry and flaky.

Week 3 Day 2:
A couple more closed comedones on my chin have inflamed and I pushed them out. Right now, I have a lot of hyper pigmentation on my chin as well as many more comedones that need to surface. I have one more around my nose and one between my eyes. So that's good. I feel like my initial breakout has hit a lull, but maybe more is to come. My skin is still really dry.

Week 3 Day 5:
A comedone in between my eyes inflamed as well as another 2 on my chin. Still so many more to go! Everywhere else is pretty clear except for my chin.

Week 3 Day 6:
One more comedone on my chin became inflamed! Everything is slowly being pushed out.

Week 5, Day 1:
Another 3 or so comedones/blackheads on my chin have pushed themselves out, so that's good, as well as a couple clogged pores between my eyes. The Tazorac/Finacea routine is bringing up new clogs then inflaming them so they can be extracted. I think the bad initial breakout is over, and now everything is just more slowly coming out.