Photo

Considering Goin Off Accutane

3 replies to this topic

#1 John John

John John

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Photography, Motocross, Mtn. Biking, Writing, Playing Bass and Drums, the Occasional Game of Madden '13

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Alright, so I've been taking accutane going on 3 months now. I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow morning and I'm going to discuss with my doctor if it's a good idea to discontinue my accutane treatment.

My concerns are that its causing me unnecessary scarring because of the side effects of dry and thinning skin. Before taking accutane I never had a breakout as bad as I do now and its been ongoing for the 3 months Ive been on the drug. All the places on my face that I've had a breakout of pimples so far has left a small-medium sized boxcar type scar. The skin is still red in places that had pimples a month or two ago. Before now, I never had anything significant scarring or marks left behind from a breakout.

I'm just not sure if its worth it to keep up the treatment for 2-3 more months if the end result is going to be a face covered in scars. I just dont see the benefit of treating my acne then having to treat scars afterward. I'm definitely seeing a correlation between having started this medication and the subsequent breakouts I have dealt with.

I'll just see what my doctor has to say and if I stop taking the medication it's probably going to be another 3 months of recovering from the damage done up until now.

#2 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Yeah i was left with some very nasty scars- but 2 months after treatment they are basically all faded. Which im surprised because i have probebly the most sensitive skin on the face of the planet with rosacea. 

#3 John John

John John

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Photography, Motocross, Mtn. Biking, Writing, Playing Bass and Drums, the Occasional Game of Madden '13

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Yeah i was left with some very nasty scars- but 2 months after treatment they are basically all faded. Which im surprised because i have probebly the most sensitive skin on the face of the planet with rosacea. 

I just don't see how a scar thats sunk into the skin is going to go away without some sort of treatment? I'm already thinking I've screwed my face up worse than if I would have not started taking this and just treated it with antibiotics and topicals. I guess I'm at the point of no return, to be honest.

#4 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

I just don't see how a scar thats sunk into the skin is going to go away without some sort of treatment? I'm already thinking I've screwed my face up worse than if I would have not started taking this and just treated it with antibiotics and topicals. I guess I'm at the point of no return, to be honest.

I always questioned what was happing during my treatment- even my brother who had horrrrible cystic acne (accutane 3 yrs ago) is now clear and still has indent marks but are not noticeable at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users