oily skin moisturizer moisturizer wont absorb greasy skin

3 replies to this topic

#1 bashfulfox

bashfulfox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:i'm interested in having clear skin, hbu?

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Ever since using differin, my skin has not been able to absorb moisturizers/gels/lotions/creams/any moisturizing product, except maybe jojoba oil but even that looks greasy, which i understand bc it is oil. I have stopped using differin for about 3 months. My skin is incredibly greasy so i dont even want to use a moisturizer but i only do bc of the SPF since i have bad hyper pigmentation. After cleansing, i apply moisturizer and let it dry. even after it drys, it doesnt APPEAR dry. It looks greasy, sticky, shiny, oily, and wet on my face and it makes me feel gross and icky. Ive searched this on the internet and the only thing ive found are cases where a persons face is very dry but the lotion wont absorb. My face is not dry, its extremely oily. Moisturizers just dont absorb. I apply it after cleansing, so my face is clean with no oil on it. But once i apply moisturizer it looks as if its the end of the day and greasy and i need to wash my face. I blame differin because though my skin was still very oily before differin, moisturizers would absorb. And it is with every moisturizer. The problem is my face not the moisturizer. I applied moisturizer to my hand, and it absorbed nicely. Then to my face and it just sat on top of my face and looked gross. I cant go out with just moisturizer on, i have to apply milk of magnesia to somewhat mattify my face and then use powder. And my face still gets EXTREMELY oily throughout the day. Does anyone know why my face is like this or how to make it absorb moisturizers? Thanks. Also, i have been using Cetaphil dermacontrol oil control moisturizer with spf and have tried other lightweight moisturizers but none absorb.

Edited by bashfulfox, 30 December 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#2 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

looks like you need a new moisturizer

i use clean and clear dual moisturizer it works well and doesnt clog pores or irritates skin

i also wouldnt use jojoba oil and just stick with moisturizer and spot treatment

#3 bashfulfox

bashfulfox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:i'm interested in having clear skin, hbu?

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

I have wanted to try that moisturizer, but it doesnt have SPF which i need. 

#4 Megan Rina

Megan Rina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

use a serum first.  the molecular structure is so much smaller that it will penetrate deeper than any moisturizer.  I recommend always using a serum, day and night.  It's more of a treatment product than just a hydrater.

http://www.imageskin...i-oxidant-serum

This product has lactic acid in it to exfoliate and hydrate you.  It also has a copper complex to heal your acne faster.  There are a ton of other amazing ingredients.  I highly recommend this, even when your skin is where you want it keep using this serum!! 

xoxo Meg 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users