Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Treating Redness Within Indents

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

After a few rounds of cystic acne during my early teens, I was left with a lot of acne scarring (not hyperpigmentation, but actual indents). Although the uneven skin texture bothers me, what bothers me more is that the indents are red/pink so whenever I go out, I have to put on foundation to make them less noticeable/blend in with my skin color-wise. I read that hyperpigmentation is supposed to go away after a year or two, but it's been 6-7 years since my oldest acne scars and it's still red "within the indent". However, it should be noted that normal hyperpigmentation (no indents) do actually go away after a few months.

I was just wondering if a lot of other people have experienced this/if this is a common effect of acne scarring? And if anyone had any suggestions about how to treat the pink/red indents and just make them flesh-colored indents, that would be much appreciated too. I'm using a 65% lactic acid peel every month or so, but it's not making too much of a difference (but that might be that I've been using it on/off). I've also been considering the Fraxel Repair since I read that a lot of people have had success with that. Just for reference, my skin tone would also be a IV on the Fitzpatrick scale, and I'm Asian.

Thanks so much!! Also, let me know if this question has already been asked and I'm needlessly starting a new topic. I've looked through a couple of topics but a lot of them have to do with treating the texture of the indents themselves instead of their "color".

Just about everyone here with scars has red-colored scars of varying redness (light pink to deep red).

I haven't solved it myself, in my case I was told retin-a 0.1 and dermarolling treatments will do the job. Another thing that helps is not irritating the skin (I have gotten red-der by doing this, which takes many hours to fade back)..