Photo

Holy Isotretinoin Batman, It's Another Accutane Log!

first time accutane accutane log pictures

164 replies to this topic

#161 Rachelwp

Rachelwp

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

Awesome!!!!! So glad you are still clear!

#162 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

As I promised, here are pictures of my cheeks I took this morning (I am almost 4 months post accutane). You can see some milia  and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, but other than that I am clear. I am wearing NO makeup in this picture, and my moisturizer is untinted.

Hi meg

Looking great thanks for the update. Please continue to update if you can, gives me hope!

I am about to come off a 15 month low dose accutane course and go onto tretinoin for maintenance. Hope it works as well as it is for you - I never got 100% clear on tane.

Did you have an IB on the tretinoin or did it just get better from the start? How long have you been on it for now? Will you eventually have to phase out the antibiotic?

Hope all continues to go well for you :)

#163 megtree

megtree

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Everything! Seriously.

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

As I promised, here are pictures of my cheeks I took this morning (I am almost 4 months post accutane). You can see some milia  and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, but other than that I am clear. I am wearing NO makeup in this picture, and my moisturizer is untinted.

Hi meg

Looking great thanks for the update. Please continue to update if you can, gives me hope!

I am about to come off a 15 month low dose accutane course and go onto tretinoin for maintenance. Hope it works as well as it is for you - I never got 100% clear on tane.

Did you have an IB on the tretinoin or did it just get better from the start? How long have you been on it for now? Will you eventually have to phase out the antibiotic?

Hope all continues to go well for you smile.png

I did not have an IB on tretinoin (at least, not anything that I noticed, maybe a little oilyness?), but it should be noted that Ziana contains a very low dose of tretinoin. I would talk to your doctor about ziana (if it's covered in your insurance), I think the combo of low tretinoin and clindamycin might help mitigate the dreaded retinoid IB. In terms of weaning off the topical clindamycin, that is certainly a good question. I am not sure, but I'll talk to my derm about it at our next appointment and report back here :) In terms of not getting all the way clear on 'tane, I was not all the way clear when I finished either, in fact I did not reach 100% clarity (well, how I would define it) until well into my second month off accutane. 

My Accutane log (with pictures):

http://www.acne.org/...r-accutane-log/

26 y/o female- approx. 54kg
Absorica -40 mg, 1 daily, December 26, 2013 - February, 25, 2014
Absorica - 60 mg, 1 daily. February 26, 2014 -
Probiotic - 1 daily
Fish oil supplement w/ vit D - 1 daily

Morning:
Cetaphil cleanser
Food Grade Rose water - Toner
La Roche Posay Mineral Water Spray
Vichy 50+ Capital Soleil Cream for Sensitive Skin

Night:
Cetaphil Cleanser
Food grade Rose Water - Toner
La Roche Posay Mineral Water Spray
Aveeno Positively Radiant intensive night cream
Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion- PM
Cerave Moisturizing cream
Avene Cicalfate (as needed)

#164 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

Hi meg

Hope all continues to go well for you

I did not have an IB on tretinoin (at least, not anything that I noticed, maybe a little oilyness?), but it should be noted that Ziana contains a very low dose of tretinoin. I would talk to your doctor about ziana (if it's covered in your insurance), I think the combo of low tretinoin and clindamycin might help mitigate the dreaded retinoid IB. In terms of weaning off the topical clindamycin, that is certainly a good question. I am not sure, but I'll talk to my derm about it at our next appointment and report back here smile.png In terms of not getting all the way clear on 'tane, I was not all the way clear when I finished either, in fact I did not reach 100% clarity (well, how I would define it) until well into my second month off accutane. 

Thanks for the reply. I've already got my tretinoin cream, so I might just get a prescription filled for clindamycin and use that in the morning. Hope your good results continue :)

#165 megtree

megtree

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Everything! Seriously.

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

Good luck to you too!

My Accutane log (with pictures):

http://www.acne.org/...r-accutane-log/

26 y/o female- approx. 54kg
Absorica -40 mg, 1 daily, December 26, 2013 - February, 25, 2014