Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accutane Course 2 Initial Breakout

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

So i took accutane before for 5 months on about a 80-90 mg dose (i weight around 180lbs) and it was clear and perfect for about 4 months and then started to get breakouts again. Slightly different type of acne, only white heads, but a lot of them. I am on antibiotics now minocycline 100mg a day and some topical stuff, but doesn't seem to be making it better. Just want my old clear skin back. Been thinking about going on accutane again, however I am deathly afraid of the initial breakout. Since I have been on it before, I know all about the initial breakout, and I had an awful one last round with many cystic pimples and it basically lasted 2-3 months before my face cleared up. I was just wondering if anyone had experience in this area of a second round and if the initial breakout was better or worse. Also have been reading about starting on a super low dose and building up even if it takes longer, but if that will reduce the initial breakout i think it would be worth it for sure. Appreciate any help and knowledge. Thanks!

I am doing my second course and my IB was much worse this time. I know that is NOT what you wanted to hear, but I think the truth is that you just never know. I am about 50 days in and it is just now starting to be not quite as bad. I am hoping for some clarity this month if things continue to decrease in severity at the rate it has been over the last couple weeks.

My first round I had no IB at all. I have heard of others who broke out until month 5 or 6.

The higher the dose, the worse the IB is likely to be, but the up side is that you get through it quicker I think. All that crap is GOING to come out - it's just whether or not you want it to all come out at once, or at a little slower rate.

Accutane cleared my skin for 9 years (with help from birth control), so a few months of an IB is worth it to me if I can get the same results. You just have to decide if it is worth it to you. Best of luck.

I'm on round 2 of Accutane and the first 10 my face cleared up and then today I woke up with tons if cystic acne and they hurt. On my 1st of accutane my IB was not this bad. It sux