Photo

Favorite Foundation For Yellow Skin Tones?

foundation makeup yellow tones bb cream cc cream breakouts

5 replies to this topic

#1 JennyRS

JennyRS

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

What foundations/face makeup do you recommend for yellow undertones?

I absolutely love the shades Mac offers because you don't have to worry about turning orange, but they make me breakout. I like Bare Minerals but I'm in between Light and Fairly Light. I also like Garnier BB Cream for Oily Skin but again, I'm in between Medium/Deep and Medium/Light. 

What do you guys like?

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

Most other mineral makeups Coe in far more shades and have neutral, yellow & pink undertones available. Everyday minerals for example.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 SanJoseRoo

SanJoseRoo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Bobbi Brown Warm Sand--it doesn't make me break out and there are two colors Sand and Warm Sand.

#4 Scar_Tissue

Scar_Tissue

Now if you let me, you won't regret me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

I love Cover Fx pressed powder and Chanel foundation.

#5 vivids

vivids

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

I love MAC foundations too, but my face breakout so much from it. I switched to Lancome Teint Miracle and the color match is perfect for me. They have a lot of warm shades so maybe you should try that out. 

#6 dunedain

dunedain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

I loveee the whole Make Up For Ever HD set - primer, liquid foundation and powder. Though I do typically switch out the MUFE powder for the Cover FX mattifying one or UD De-slick powder, but only because MUFE is $$. I've heard that MUFE isn't the greatest for acne-prone skin, but for me it is the only foundation that gives excellent coverage without breaking me out and I've been using it for several years now. They've got a range of different shades. I'm Chinese and I don't have the 'pale' asian skin, I've got a warmer yellow undertone, and I find that #207 is the best shade I've ever used. And they have different coloured primers too, depending on whether you want to brighten up your skin or counterbalance any redness you may have. :) 

AMCetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion, Cetaphil DermaControl Oil-Absorbing Lotion (SPF30)
PMCetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Clindamycin Phosphate 1%, Dan's 10% AHA, Benzagel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide 
ExtrasDiane 35 (since July 2 2013), Borghese Fango Delicato Mud Mask (2x/week)
My personal log here: http://www.acne.org/...l-gel-log-pics/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users