Photo

Hyperpigmentation, When Will The Red Marks Go Away? (Photos Inside)

pih acne red spots

1 reply to this topic

#1 Peaches24

Peaches24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

I developed PIH due to using an oily sun lotion. I was on holiday during the summer (July) and used sun lotion everyday and I realised that was the cause of my PIH - before that my skin was clear. At the moment I am using microdermabrasion once a week and Cane & Austin pads and a cleanser/moisturiser from the skincare brand Aesop. I have stopped using the sun lotion but because sun lotion is advisable for people with PIH I now use a oil-free sun lotion. My PIH looks less red than they used to but I have had them for 6 months now. I am not really getting any new ones, the last one I had was two weeks ago. 

what do you think I can do to improve them? does diet work? any advice is welcome :) thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• acne.png
  • acne2.png

#2 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

there's no Justice, it's just Us

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:making buddies with musicians derived/altered by acne :)

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

i don't know what people usually call hyperpigmentation, i thought it was a sun issue. if it's the redness/red spots of acne, imo that is the result of acne bacteria. either their toxins or  imune system fighting against their waist, or bacteria itself.

my advice would be:

1. drink your water with say a tea spoon of fresh lemon juice.

2. wash with green tea.

and of course with this perspective on "hyperpigmentation" in mind i would say healthy food is esential.

Edited by DanTheNewWorld, 23 December 2013 - 03:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users