Photo

Need Help! Pityrosporum Folliculitis? Prednisone Acne? Mold Alllergy?

pityrosporum folliculitis folliculitis steroid acne allergy

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jim13

Jim13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hello, I don't really ever post, but I've been avidly reading everyones posts for a couple years now.  I'm in serious crisis.  I have attached a pdf that I sent to my last dermatologist that includes a detailed description of everything I'm going through, it also contains pictures.  Please read the pdf and let me know if you have any ideas...my current derm still thinks I have pitryosporum folliculitis as did I but my mind is starting to change it has not responded to Ketaconazole 200mg 1 weekly for a month, itraconazole 200mg a day for a week, fluconazole 400mg a day for a week, econazole cream, cicloprox, nizoral shampoo, head and shoulders, olive leaf, garlic pills, anything herbal that claims to be antifungal, vitamin b5, nothing has worked.  This all started after 2 weeks of minocycline , and exposure to black mold.  Which one caused it? Who knows...if either, my skin scrapings keep coming up negative and dermatologist said theres no point in doing a biopsy since malasezzia is normal on the skin and she won't be able to tell if its the cause...

I'm at a loss, I've been told that this could be allergic reaction, pityrosporum, acne, prednisone acne  (prescribed for diagnosis of allergy 5 months ago), demodex?, or even autoimmune...anyway just read the pdf, I have a little 9 month old at home that wants to grab me 24/7 and it kills me to have to push his hands away at the fear that he might catch it or spread this condition.

I did find out yesterday that I have penicillium and cladosporium molds airborn in my house but no Dr. seems willing to listen to that...they just want to give me nizoral shampoo and benzoyl peroxide.  I'm driving my wife crazy, myself crazy, and i can't focus on the baby the way I want to...I'm embarrassed at work as this has spread all over my scalp after buzzing my hair short, and its all over my neck...i'm 29 and I'm at my end with this, I just want normal skin so I can feel human and be a good dad.  Any insight is appreciated...

Attached Files

#2 Jim13

Jim13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

<p>two cultures from my regular dr came back as enterobacter which is a gram negative bacteria but the derm still says its pityrosporum.....in the mean time ive stopped the use of all soaps creams pills etc....except i use a toner on my face every few days or else my forehead erupts. &nbsp;ive noticed that im still getting a few spots on the back of my neck but since just rinsing with water my chest and back have cleared at least 65%. my face and beard area not so much.</p>

#3 snydercharles425

snydercharles425

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

This is very interesting.

#4 Jim13

Jim13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Went back to the Dermatologist, with another set of cultures from my regular Dr. that came back with heavy growth of Enterobacter, and serratia marcescens. she said maybe its a mild case of Gram negative folliculitis but said most of the gram negative folliculitis she sees is severely cystic.  We talked for a while, and she took a good look at how oily my face was, and said "at this point, the only thing left is a 5 month course of accutane."

I'm excited but weary of taking accutane at the same time.  I have severely oily skin, so I know it will help with that, and it is reported to completely clear gram negative bacteria.  But I just don't like reading about those side effects, and I'm still not 100 percent convinced about what is going on with my skin.

7 months of hell, I'm just going to do it, I don't want to live like this forever,  going for the bloodwork Monday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users