comedones bumps acne help please desperation level 1000

26 replies to this topic

#21 Sky13

Sky13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion and that keeps me from getting them.

Ive been looking at this recently, does it work well + how quickly?

#22 MissSac17

MissSac17

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 155
About Me
  • Interests:Fitness, good food, reading blogs, spiritualism, learning, self-medicating.

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

I'm finding I am in this situation as well and seriously don't know what to do.

Thinking about going to doctors for a retinoid but then I don't know what one.

Also considering at home peel but I have very sensitive skin and would be nervous about it...

It's so bloody frustrating.

Edited by MissSac17, 04 July 2014 - 06:03 AM.

#23 corporeal

corporeal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

I am in the same boat! Have been for 6 months and can't find out what it is and how to get rid of them. 

I started using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Spf 15 w/ Retinol & Multi-vitamins again because I used it before when my skin was puurrrfectly clear- also just a note for this moisturizer, I think it's only good for people who don't have damaged skin, which is what I have right now (red, inflamed, irritated). Been on it for 2 weeks and it just makes me feel super greasy and oily. But i figured I'd stick it out for at least 3 weeks for any changes. Just seems to make my skin red...probably not a good thing but I'll never know unless I stick with it for a while...right...?

My problem has been finding the right moisturizer. I went into a metaphysical shop for some other shoppings and the store owner told me it's because my skin is unbalanced, too dry then too oily. She suggested me to buy some Aztec Bentonite Clay and to mix Apple Cider Vinegar with it using the mask once a week. I started doing this about 3 weeks ago. Not any noticeable improvement yet. But I'm sticking with it.

I feel so lost and I have no idea what kind of derm to go to bc I don't want to get prescribed some harsh topical cream, as that has happened to me in the past and only irritated my skin (proactiv, differin, any benz perox) (it's sensitive). 

I also just ordered these samples from Paula's Choice. Any suggestions on which one I should try first? Especially with the retinol? (as I've searched that they work well together). 

Price Quantity Total Skin Perfecting 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant $0.80 1 $0.80 Skin Perfecting 1% BHA Gel Exfoliant $0.80 2 $1.60 Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion $0.00 2 $0.00 Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel Exfoliant $0.00 1 $0.00 Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel $0.80 2 $1.60 Hydralight Shine-Free Daily Mineral Complex SPF 30

If anyone has a clear direction (pun intended) of how to fix this disastrous problem plllllease I would appreciate any feedback!!! Thank you!

#24 ElegantSurf

ElegantSurf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

I feel so lost and I have no idea what kind of derm to go to bc I don't want to get prescribed some harsh topical cream, as that has happened to me in the past and only irritated my skin (proactiv, differin, any benz perox) (it's sensitive). 

I totally get not wanting a harsh topical. I pretty much totally stopped believing topicals could work for me because tretinoin cream made my face so horrible, red, and dry. Also any over the counter acne stuff makes my skin super dry and the acne gets worse. It's tough fighting acne when the creams you're supposed to use actually do more damage than good! 

The only that has worked for me is antibiotics, but you can't stay on them forever...

#25 ElegantSurf

ElegantSurf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hey! For anyone still out there...

I went to the derm and got some more help with this problem. Here's what I'm doing:

1. He told me to apply Aqua Glycolic Toner to dry skin then rinse off with just water. Do not use any face wash.

2. The derm told me not to use any moisturizer--this was the hard part for me. 

3. I applied AcZone 2x per day.

So, I completely changed my routine to follow the derm's instructions exactly. This is REALLY working for me against the small bumps. I can't pin-point exactly what's working, but I think it's the Aqua Glycolic. I recommended Aqua Glycolic to my mom and she is using it, too.

#26 MissSac17

MissSac17

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 155
About Me
  • Interests:Fitness, good food, reading blogs, spiritualism, learning, self-medicating.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Why no moisturiser? Isn't this essential for our skin?

#27 ElegantSurf

ElegantSurf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Why no moisturiser? Isn't this essential for our skin?

I always thought moisturizer was important, but the derm told me otherwise. He said that the moisturizer was not allowing my skin to dry out properly and therefore making a better environment for the acne bacteria. I think my skin is getting used to not moisturizing now.

I wanted to follow his routine exactly so he can figure out what works for me and what doesn't. It's only been 2 week since I'm doing this, so I think it's too early to tell if it will be a permanent solution. I am slowly seeing improvements though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users