Jess's Journey - 37 F

127 replies to this topic

#121 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Glad to hear you are doing well, and congrats on getting into school! Yay!

Interesting about the moles. How long had you had them for?

#122 PersnickityChick

PersnickityChick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, day dreaming

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

So I am currently plagued with perioral dermatitis, which apparently can be fixed with Accutane.... good thing I am already on it, I guess. It has made the left side of my mouth extremely sore, and I kind of look like I have been drooling red koolaid.  :P  I also have a section of it right in the corner of my nose, and trailing down toward my lips, on the right side. It is very flaky, and putting hydro-cortisone on it makes it much worse.  Bleh.

Kim, the moles have been on my face for as long as I can remember. They were removed, and tested, and they are all benign, fortunately. The spots are healing very nicely.  The places are just a little pink right now.  The one near my eye has taken longer to heal.  I think she must have taken a bigger "bite" out of that one.  Part of the scab came off today, so I am hopeful that will heal into a tiny little scar. 

I actually had a couple of very tiny little zits.  they hurt a little, but they never developed into white heads or anything. I was surprised, because I haven't had a single one of those in a long time! 

A little "tidbit" that provided much encouragement, one of my kids (the ones I work with) was griping about his acne. He looked at me, and said, "Miss Jess is lucky. She never has zits, and she has good skin."  I was THRILLED!!!!! 

#123 megtree

megtree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Everything! Seriously.

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

How have you been doing this month?

It is great to get compliments on your skin, especially knowing all that you have been through to get there. The other day - my co-worker (who usually has fantistic skin but has been struggling with minor breakouts recently) asked "Are you wearing makeup?!" I said "not really - I have a little concealer on my red spots but that's it". She sighed, and with a hint of bitterness, said "Wow. I thought you were wearing a full face of makeup, I wanted to ask what foundation you were wearing. Your skin looks FLAWLESS." I said "Thank you! Except for the spot near my mouth, I am pretty happy with the progress!" (I had a red moon orbiting the corner of my lip)

I reveled in the glow of a nice compliment until my face apparently caught the light in a different way, which prompted her to exclaim with barely concealed glee - "OH! YOU DO HAVE A BUMP NEAR YOUR LIP, JUST LIKE MINE!!" and grinning, she pointed to a tiny little flea bite by her nostril. 

Well - jelly coworkers aside, a compliment is a compliment to me in any light!

#124 GetMeTheResults

GetMeTheResults

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

It is great to get compliments on your skin, especially knowing all that you have been through to get there. The other day - my co-worker (who usually has fantistic skin but has been struggling with minor breakouts recently) asked "Are you wearing makeup?!" I said "not really - I have a little concealer on my red spots but that's it". She sighed, and with a hint of bitterness, said "Wow. I thought you were wearing a full face of makeup, I wanted to ask what foundation you were wearing. Your skin looks FLAWLESS." I said "Thank you! Except for the spot near my mouth, I am pretty happy with the progress!" (I had a red moon orbiting the corner of my lip)

I reveled in the glow of a nice compliment until my face apparently caught the light in a different way, which prompted her to exclaim with barely concealed glee - "OH! YOU DO HAVE A BUMP NEAR YOUR LIP, JUST LIKE MINE!!" and grinning, she pointed to a tiny little flea bite by her nostril. 

Hahah, nice :)  like the fact that you acted like you didn't care and took everything so lightly while she was working herself up to ask you what products you've been using. Accutane bia**h :D She probably had a raging monologue in her head for a while, not being able to swallow the fact that you're changing into a different person lol..until she exclaimed that you have a pimple. How pathetic

Edited by GetMeTheResults, 23 June 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#125 megtree

megtree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Everything! Seriously.

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Hahah, nice smile.png  like the fact that you acted like you didn't care and took everything so lightly while she was working herself up to ask you what products you've been using. Accutane bia**h biggrin.png She probably had a raging monologue in her head for a while, not being able to swallow the fact that you're changing into a different person lol..until she exclaimed that you have a pimple. How pathetic

Well, she does know I am on accutane but she was originally very judgemental about my going on it. And I don't think she is very good at giving compliments. 

#126 GetMeTheResults

GetMeTheResults

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

oh yeah, gotta love those people who aren't in your shoes but are very opinionated about your decisions without getting the full picture.

#127 PersnickityChick

PersnickityChick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, day dreaming

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

It has been quite a while since I posted anything on here. So far things are going quite well. I have a few little things on my forehead, which are easily covered by bangs, but other than that, no breakouts! 

I have discovered that my skin is far less sensitive to the sun than I would have thought, given that I am on accutane. I am still pretty careful, but I do go out and work in the gardens, and so far I haven't gotten fried at all (that is a good thing).  

The scars where I had the moles removed are healing so very nicely.  I went to be with my family for a while, and no one noticed until I had an allergic reaction to something, and my eye swelled. My mom was looking really close, and said, "You have a spot right next to your eye right there." <pointing>.  I told her I'd had a mole removed, and she was SO impressed that there wasn't a large scar. Then she kept looking and realized that she hadn't noticed the other two moles either! 

#128 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Glad to hear you're doing great, Jess. Me too! I am done my course now, and so far (although it's only been a couple weeks), my skin is still oil free, but my lips are back to normal. How perfect. May everything stay how it is for all of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users