Photo

My Caveman Regimen Experiment (Starting 17/12/2013)

caveman regimen acne

50 replies to this topic

#41 francis86

francis86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Tim. I do actually check out her site quite often. There's certainly good stuff on there.

This is the current progress of my face. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 2014-02-17 at 12.47.jpg

#42 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

hey man, have you tried differin before? I am about to start using it. I agree that not using so much cleanser or washing certainly helps calm the skin down to repair. its all about the PH 

My Regimen.. accutane

http://peterperfectm.../09/25/the-why/

#43 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

hey man, have you tried differin before? I am about to start using it. I agree that not using so much cleanser or washing certainly helps calm the skin down to repair. its all about the PH 

Hey jack,

Yeah i have tried differin, although i wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy lol. I was prescribed it by my derm in the gel and cream form and used it 3 times a week as suggested but i soon stopped it forever.

The reason i wouldn't suggest it is because 1) although i can reduce acne it is only temporary 2) it actually slows the healing process of PIH redness 3) it destroys the good bacteria and acid mantle which your skin needs to prevent acne 4) it ages skin faster and 5) it makes acne relapse 10x worse than it is now because of the fact that it destroys your acid mantle etc.

Obviously everyone is able to make their own choice so
It's up to you what you do.

There are natural things you can use on your face (although i don't use them but thats me) just search 'the love vitamin' and she has plenty of recommendations.

Hope this helps somewhat lol and good luck mate

Thanks Tim. I do actually check out her site quite often. There's certainly good stuff on there.

Well what you're doing is certainly working just stick to it and acne will be history.

I'm actually just about to start a candida cleanse because i think that may be the last piece of the puzzle i need to fix. I'll let you know how it goes.

i tried the same thing for front neck acne for almost 3 mos, it seemed to work off/on...but ultimately i jus ended up breaking out over and over.....atleast i tried...lol

Hi ianette,

I really feel for you, that's what it feels like for me right now, however i know the caveman has worked and that i've eliminated all irritation externally, i just need to address my diet a bit more and work on internal health.

Did you also go on a healthier diet when you done the caveman regimen?

#44 .JacktheLad.

.JacktheLad.

sex drugs and sausage rolls

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hey jack,
Yeah i have tried differin, although i wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy lol. I was prescribed it by my derm in the gel and cream form and used it 3 times a week as suggested but i soon stopped it forever.
The reason i wouldn't suggest it is because 1) although i can reduce acne it is only temporary 2) it actually slows the healing process of PIH redness 3) it destroys the good bacteria and acid mantle which your skin needs to prevent acne 4) it ages skin faster and 5) it makes acne relapse 10x worse than it is now because of the fact that it destroys your acid mantle etc.
There are natural things you can use on your face (although i don't use them but thats me) just search 'the love vitamin' and she has plenty of recommendations.

Well what you're doing is certainly working just stick to it and acne will be history.
I'm actually just about to start a candida cleanse because i think that may be the last piece of the puzzle i need to fix. I'll let you know how it goes.
Hi Tim thanks for the reply- I am at work so sorry for short reply- that's strange it didn't work for you, did you follow a regime whilst doing it? what type of acne do you have are they inflamed?

Strange you say it can ruin the skin, or prolong healing, as differin speeds up the cell turn over rate! People use it for it's anti aging properties not just for clogged pores or acne per say.

I am scared to try it but tbh I'd rather give it a shot and hope for the best- my skin isn't that bad but it's the overall texture from picking which I am trying to resolve and blocked pores.

My diet is great I don't eat dairy etc I am lactose intolerant or at least perhaps to the protein in milk which is very odd.

But yeah differin is a long term solution and takes months for it to start showing physical improvements, but I guess everyone's skin is different

Edited by .JacktheLad., 19 February 2014 - 08:41 AM.

My Regimen.. accutane

http://peterperfectm.../09/25/the-why/

#45 francis86

francis86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hey jack,

>Thanks Tim. I do actually check out her site quite often. There's certainly good stuff on there.

i tried the same thing for front neck acne for almost 3 mos, it seemed to work off/on...but ultimately i jus ended up breaking out over and over.....atleast i tried...lol

Hi ianette,

I really feel for you, that's what it feels like for me right now, however i know the caveman has worked and that i've eliminated all irritation externally, i just need to address my diet a bit more and work on internal health.

Thanks for saying, Tim. 

I've definitely had my ups and downs, but this is as consistent as my progress has been thus far. I finally found a routine that i'm feeling happy to stick to and reaping some of the reward.

I still do not wash my face at all. I wake up at 6am every morning now, and the first thing I do is take a tea spoon of the cod liver oil/butter oil blend. Then having a green/camomile tea. After a couple of hours I make a green vegetable juice which is all I have for breakfast. That's made up of cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, fennel and a lemon. The next time I eat is lunch and dinner which are made up of purely salads, light leafy veges and usually salmon/chicken breast and TONS of avaocado. I sleep much earlier and wake up much earlier. Still take vit D, zinc and spirulina at night.  

I'll keep to this and keep u updated.

What's a candida cleanse, if i may ask? 

Hey Jack,

I've tried many things actually, and at first they worked for me, but then broke me out even worse. Using creams, cleansers and washers is what broke me out in the first place. I don't think i'll ever be going back to these products again unfortunately. But thanks for your advice. 

My face is as calm as ever, non-irritated without using them. I never used to wash my face, only occasionally splashing with water once in a while and i was completely clear until i started using creams. I am positive i can fix it without. Just gotta find whats going to be best.

#46 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Hey jack,

ockquote> Well what you're doing is certainly working just stick to it and acne will be history.
Hi Tim thanks for the reply- I am at work so sorry for short reply- that's strange it didn't work for you, did you follow a regime whilst doing it? what type of acne do you have are they inflamed?

Strange you say it can ruin the skin, or prolong healing, as differin speeds up the cell turn over rate! People use it for it's anti aging properties not just for clogged pores or acne per say.

I am scared to try it but tbh I'd rather give it a shot and hope for the best- my skin isn't that bad but it's the overall texture from picking which I am trying to resolve and blocked pores.

My diet is great I don't eat dairy etc I am lactose intolerant or at least perhaps to the protein in milk which is very odd.

But yeah differin is a long term solution and takes months for it to start showing physical improvements, but I guess everyone's skin is different

hey jack, when i was prescribed Differin i was also taking Doxycycline and only using the dove cream bar.  my acne is actually almost gone and i hope to be even clearer after my candida cleanse.

With Differin yes it does speed up cell turnover but at the same time it strips the acid mantle and leaves your skin unprotected which then causes bacteria to get into your skin and produces infections underneath the already damaged skin causing acne to reoccur where the old PIH is. that is the reason why it slows down the healing process.

If it is just the texture of your skin that you are trying to improve then why not use manuka honey and a face wash and stop using everything else on your skin, so just water and honey? i haven't used it but it's recommended across the internet. You could also try jojoba oil for your pores although some people say it makes things worse so it's really up to you

Hey jack,

>>Thanks Tim. I do actually check out her site quite often. There's certainly good stuff on there.

lockquote>

>i tried the same thing for front neck acne for almost 3 mos, it seemed to work off/on...but ultimately i jus ended up breaking out over and over.....atleast i tried...lol

Hi ianette,

Thanks for saying, Tim. 

I've definitely had my ups and downs, but this is as consistent as my progress has been thus far. I finally found a routine that i'm feeling happy to stick to and reaping some of the reward.

I still do not wash my face at all. I wake up at 6am every morning now, and the first thing I do is take a tea spoon of the cod liver oil/butter oil blend. Then having a green/camomile tea. After a couple of hours I make a green vegetable juice which is all I have for breakfast. That's made up of cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, fennel and a lemon. The next time I eat is lunch and dinner which are made up of purely salads, light leafy veges and usually salmon/chicken breast and TONS of avaocado. I sleep much earlier and wake up much earlier. Still take vit D, zinc and spirulina at night.  

I'll keep to this and keep u updated.

What's a candida cleanse, if i may ask? 

Hey Jack,

I've tried many things actually, and at first they worked for me, but then broke me out even worse. Using creams, cleansers and washers is what broke me out in the first place. I don't think i'll ever be going back to these products again unfortunately. But thanks for your advice. 

My face is as calm as ever, non-irritated without using them. I never used to wash my face, only occasionally splashing with water once in a while and i was completely clear until i started using creams. I am positive i can fix it without. Just gotta find whats going to be best.

wow that diet seems even harsher than mine lol. still it's doing good for you so keep at it. My sleep has definitely improved aswell which i'm very happy about.

The candida cleanse is a diet that cleans out our intestines of bad bacteria that causes acne and many other problems. It's actually working quite well and i've only been on it for 2 days. check out this link for more info and the symptoms. It does say you will experience a breakout while on the diet due to rapid detox but supposedly it's quite mild so we will see.

www.thecandidadiet.com/cleansing.htm‎

#47 francis86

francis86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

The candida cleanse is a diet that cleans out our intestines of bad bacteria that causes acne and many other problems. It's actually working quite well and i've only been on it for 2 days. check out this link for more info and the symptoms. It does say you will experience a breakout while on the diet due to rapid detox but supposedly it's quite mild so we will see.

www.thecandidadiet.com/cleansing.htm‎

Thanks for the link! I did check that out and it seem's very similar to the diet I've actually been on for the past three weeks and what I attribute to my improvement actually. My diet is primarily made up of raw salads and steamed veges. Although I still like to have a piece of fruit a day as I need my little sugar rush. 

Keep us updated on how you go with it.

Edited by francis86, 20 February 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#48 francis86

francis86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

I'm still on no washing my face and have been since I started this. I have only splashed my face with clean distilled water once a week. My face has improved immensely ever since changing my diet, so a couple of weeks ago I did try to eat some grains and broke out quite badly, it's healed up very fast since then and i am at the point of only having a few small whiteheads which also heal up really fast as well. I'm feeling absolutely wonderful about myself, smooth fresh clear skin keeps appearing, I'm confident to go out, I get compliments about how much my skin has improved. Most of all, I am not getting persistent acne like I was before. My complexion is getting so good every day. The scarring is light compared to before. 

#49 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

I'm still on no washing my face and have been since I started this. I have only splashed my face with clean distilled water once a week. My face has improved immensely ever since changing my diet, so a couple of weeks ago I did try to eat some grains and broke out quite badly, it's healed up very fast since then and i am at the point of only having a few small whiteheads which also heal up really fast as well. I'm feeling absolutely wonderful about myself, smooth fresh clear skin keeps appearing, I'm confident to go out, I get compliments about how much my skin has improved. Most of all, I am not getting persistent acne like I was before. My complexion is getting so good every day. The scarring is light compared to before. 

Sounds good francis. with an internal cleanse it will always take time, i've read that for some people it took 6-9 months. I'm happy with results so far even though i still get breakouts but that's because i keep slipping up and eating badly especially when out with the family and such.

I'm not exactly sticking to the candida cleanse still for now because i'm training for the 'Sport Relief' Run that i posted about on my profile and obviously running while on a low carb diet is impossible (well for me it is). So after that i will commit to the candida cleanse 100%.

I've also started taking Probiotics (The Healthy Origins brand), i take 2 capsules per day.

i'll try and give a fuller update a bit later but for now chao cool.png ... I'm going to enjoy this sunshine.cool2.gif

#50 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Hello peeps,

So its been almost a month since i last posted on here and i promised to give a full update on my progress but i hadn't got around to it because i've just been toooo busy rolleyes.gif.

Well here's my update....

I've been on the Caveman regimen  for just over 16 weeks now (no washing at all, not once even with just water) and all i can say is i'm glad i started it. Not because it's clearing my acne (that i have confirmed is due to internal factors which i'll tell you about) but because it makes life simple -  there is no regimen required, I don't ever get dry skin anymore and any whiteheads etc that i do get heal up much much quicker. Trust me just like Tracy from 'The love vitamin' and many other people i intend to continue the Caveman Regimen indefinitely.

So that's my update with the Caveman, you're probably glad to know that i'm still doing it rolleyes.gif

Now my skin update....

In my last post i talked about starting a candida cleanse which i started about a 3 weeks ago, eating very low carbs (15g-20g per day) and sugar (<8g per day). since i started the cleanse my skin has improved dramatically. I still have a few red marks left (but they are fading away by the day) and overall my complexion is quite great, I'll try put some pics up soon.

With the low carb and sugar eating i have also been taking probiotics and last week i introduced antifungals to help kill the candida. I'm taking 180billion cfu of probiotics (6 caps of Healthy Origins Probiotics) and 4 600mg Caprylic Acid caps (by Now Foods) per day.

I did experience a bit of a die off at the beginning as i expected, but has calmed down now and i think i'm starting to finally see results. 

If you want to take Probiotics and antifungals DO NOT start taking them at the same time and slowly increase the dosage otherwise you will experience a much bigger die off than i did. Thanks to this avice from Lisa Richards at thecandidadiet.com i didn't experience a bad die off.

So in conclusion I am very happy with my progress, My diet is great, My sleep is on track, The caveman regimen is working and most importantly i have found the last piece of the puzzle to clearing my skin.

I will come back soon and update and possibly upload some pics but for now good luck everyone and i'm really interested in hearing how people on this post are progressing so update me guys and girls....

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me. Chaohifive.gif

#51 francis86

francis86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

That's great to hear, Tim. I'm happy for you.

I have positive news too, and that is that my skin has had no major problems for a while now. My acne has just diminished over the last few months...it did take time but the reward has been wonderful. My face is showing some slight scarring but the redness is almost unnoticeable now. I haven't had any major breakout in quite a while now. I occasionally rinse my face with epsom salts, otherwise just fresh clean water...My diet is still mostly consistent of veges/fruit and meat...but I do however eat some chocolate (mostly raw organic handmade) and some pasta/rice/carbs, but that's not very often and does not seem to have any effect. 

Recently I have started making my own water kefir and drinking that daily combined with a product I buy called organic Wholeganic greens powder by reserveage. It was this that was the last piece of the puzzle for me. Had no problems since.

Hope it can help someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users