Photo

My Caveman Regimen Experiment (Starting 17/12/2013)

caveman regimen acne

50 replies to this topic

#21 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hey Tim,
The first couple of days I felt like I had a lot more oil that usual. I didn't wipe it off because I knew that my face was producing it for a reason and would deal with it itself. It certainly did and my face has not been oily ever since. My face is in a great state at the moment. 

Yesterday I went out as the weather was sunny and I relaxed in the sun. I've noticed getting sun on my skin does great things for it. Still improvement again this morning, just one or two new whiteheads, but they're very small and almost unnoticeable. Really happy with my progress thus far. 

Cheers

Good to hear.. It's been about the same for me so far, one step at a time.. Also what dosage of vit d and zinc do you take

#22 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Day 13 update:

Today has been really good, the pimples i had yesterday have just dried out and disappearing fast and the red patches i was experiencing are fading quickly aswell. I thought it might have been the alcohol that caused the red patches and pimples but now i think it was just part of the recovery phase.

Overall my complexion is still getting better, i'd say its improved about 30-35% since i started this experiment.

I have had a little flaking on my nose and cheeks near my nose which is not noticeable unless i brush it with my finger, Although i hear it does get worse as time goes on so i'll see what happens :)

Vit D and Zinc dosage still 10,000iu and 100mg

If anyone is thinking of trying or has tried this regimen please post on this thread and help others by sharing your experience.

Feel free to ask questions as well.

I'll post again tomorrow :)

Hi all, 
new to the forums, been wanting to research the "caveman" idea for a bit.

Interesting read, hope all goes well with your caveman regimen idea :)

Hi Islandsand123,
Thanks for reading, may i ask what sort of acne you have and are you thinking of trying the regimen as well?
Again as i said to Hawaii4life for the best research in my opinion its definitely the experiment by the girl Tracy on the love vitamin website (link in earlier post)
Good luck with your research and i hope you find what you need :)

I had perfect skin as of about 4-5 months ago, but it became inflammed and irritated when I started using cleansers and such. 
I started because I heard it would improve skin health and was a good idea even if you didn't get many pimples and such. 

I mostly have small bumps around the forehead t-zone, and inflammation on the cheeks. No real blackheads or whiteheads are problematic. 

Yh i guess thats how it was for quite a few people which is why they decided to try this 'no wash' regimen because they realised it was all those cleansers and creams making them have acne.

I was different, i had severe acne since 13-14 (it's genetics in my case) but now i don't really get pimples often. The only reason i'm doing this regimen is to get rid of hyper pigmentation which is working great.

I'd definitely say give it a go though..

#23 islandsand123

islandsand123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

Yh i guess thats how it was for quite a few people which is why they decided to try this 'no wash' regimen because they realised it was all those cleansers and creams making them have acne.

I was different, i had severe acne since 13-14 (it's genetics in my case) but now i don't really get pimples often. The only reason i'm doing this regimen is to get rid of hyper pigmentation which is working great.

I believe that's the case for me. I'm on day 5 and my face has almost completely cleared up. I'm repeatedly kicking myself in the face for even starting with the washes.

What I can say about this from what I'm seeing so far, if you do not have genetic acne, this is a very good idea to try. For me it seems that all the excess irritation and washing was causing my acid mantle to be wrecked. When I stopped fussing with it, it naturally started to heal. 

#24 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

I believe that's the case for me. I'm on day 5 and my face has almost completely cleared up. I'm repeatedly kicking myself in the face for even starting with the washes.

What I can say about this from what I'm seeing so far, if you do not have genetic acne, this is a very good idea to try. For me it seems that all the excess irritation and washing was causing my acid mantle to be wrecked. When I stopped fussing with it, it naturally started to heal. 

Good job, i'm glad it's working great for you. Stay positive and be sure update us :)

#25 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

Day 15 update: i think..

Well it's been an interesting couple of days, i'm definitely starting to get a lot more flakiness but i expected that so it doesn't really bother me that much. I have actually had about 4 new pimples come up around my chin/jawline (1 big one and 3 little ones) but that's because i've been eating terribly the last few days, i ate pizza yesterday and today i had a load of pizza and some Champagne (just a little nye party at my sister's/brother-in-law's) which i must congratulate myself on not drinking any alcohol haha 😜.
... Now the festive week is over i have no excuse to eat rubbish and drink alcohol etc so i'm going out tomorrow/today as it's 4:45am and buying my usual paleo diet foods and i'm gonna be very STRICT at sticking to the healthy diet.

That said overall my face is still looking better and better each day, hyper pigmentation (redness) is still improving and the oily ness has subsided a lot.

I'm still only in the early stages if the healing process so hopefully it continues to get better. I know this regimen won't completely cure me from getting acne as it isn't in any way the cure of acne but i'm sure it will reduce the amount of pimples i get in the future and improves healing time. I hope people do atleast give this regimen a try, it can't be worse than splashing your face with bp every night and day.

Anyhow enough from me until my next update, stay strong...
And a massive Happy New Year to you all!

#26 islandsand123

islandsand123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Day 7 for me, my face has a much better tone, oiliness has balanced out and bumpy patches are smoothing out nicely. 

#27 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Day 7 for me, my face has a much better tone, oiliness has balanced out and bumpy patches are smoothing out nicely. 

Sounds like it's working for you, keep it up mate. Just a heads up, you've just finished your first week which is when you see dramatic improvement and now the improvement will begin to slow down and your face will look quite horrible on some days (but it tends to look much better the next day) this is because in the furst week or so your face heals the top layer of your skin leaving a clearer complexion abd as the days go by your skin will start healing deeper layers so it's all about patience and perserverence really.

Anyways good luck!

#28 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

It's my 18th day update and i'm still very happy with the 'caveman regimen'. I have been getting a couple of whiteheads (which go away quite quick) and there is 1 slightly bigger spot each side of my chin which are refusing to go away but are healing never the less (these came around the time i drank lots of alcohol so maybe it's because of that).
The oil on my face has started to regulate really well and while my face looks oily it is actually much more dry than it was when i started this regimen.
I have obviously started getting the dead skin mask as i stated in my last post but it still isn't as nearly noticeable as i thought i would be by now and it may sound weird but i actually quite like the dead skin mask because it's like my motivation to keep going as it means my skin is healing.
I do have days where my face looks a little horrible with red patches and that but by the next day it looks a lot better and the red patches fade, the old hyper pigmentation (red marks) are still fading and they have also started to turn more of a browny colour which is what Tracy from the love vitamin experienced so i see it as a good thing.
I play 8ball pool competitively and i went to the club where i practice for the first time in a week and when i looked in the mirror i noticed the improvement in my skin as where when i'm at home i don't notice as much because i look in the mirror everyday so i guess the best way to go is not look in the mirror at home for a few days at a time and you'll see the improvement. Hope this helps :)

Sorry for such a long update, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and i will try to answer them based on my experience so far.

Edited by Tim O, 04 January 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#29 francis86

francis86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Well it's been a while but my face has been really great, i'm always surprised by the continuing improvement. The redness and inflammation in my face has reduced so much. I can see clear fresh skin everywhere now! I still get a few small whiteheads here and there but they do not bother me and usually heal very quickly. I am not getting the deep cystic like acne that I would normally get which is really great. 

There's been a few things i've introduced. I'm still taking Zinc 50mg, and Vitamin D 1000IU, I've also started having apple cider vinegar before my meals, I bought cod liver oil which i'm having in the morning and a nice strong antibacterial honey and and cinnamon drink in the evening before bed. I've been going down to the local park every evening and having a run. 

Regarding my diet, i was on a strict paleo diet, but I have started to introduce some buckwheat pasta, i'll see how this goes. 

#30 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

It's my 20th day of the 'caveman' experiment... Wow i can't believe i've made it this far not putting any water on my face.
First of all the hyper pigmentation (red marks) is still slowly improving which is great! :)
I have still been getting one or two pimples/whiteheads per day (a couple of large red ones which are still hanging around) but i'm really hoping that it's part of the purging stage as i wasn't getting that many before i started this regimen. The millions of blackheads on my nose are purging aswell and some o them have already dissappeared.
My face has begun getting really really ichy from the dead skin mask and sebum (especially my eyes grrr) and the dead skin mask is greatly increasing around my nose area and is quite flaky when i wake up in the morning.
Blotchyness on my face is still occuring but it's mainly later on in the day it appears then starts fading by the morning.
It sounds really bad right now but overall it is still better than when i started this regimen.

Vitamin D dosage lowered to 5000iu and Zinc to 50mg per day and i started drinking lemon water today so i'll keep you posted on that.

I'm not too sure when i'll wash my face because i feel that the healing stage has only just begun so i don't want to remove the dead skin too early.. Maybe on day 35 ot 40??

If anyone has past this stage i would love your opinion if i'm on the right track still and if you experienced anything like i am.

Cheers and i'll update again soon :)

#31 markd343

markd343

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

I started the caveman regimen today. I also started today taking 5,000 UI vitamin D. I will let you know how it goes.

#32 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

I started the caveman regimen today. I also started today taking 5,000 UI vitamin D. I will let you know how it goes.

Good to see other people giving it a go. How has it been so far mate?

How is everyone doing?

Sorry I haven't been on here for about a week and a half, don't worry i haven't abandoned the regimen in fact i'm on day 32 and doing great (wow 1 month and 1 day already haha). I'm not going to update in detail until week 5 because i feel it's better, i haven't washed my face still because its not been bad. I'm actually planning to go 2 or 3 months before i wash my face, i don't think many if any have done it so it would be good to see if it has better results than washing after 30 days.
I'm currently taking a little break from the vit d and zinc but will pick that back up next week.

That's it for now and i'll update and on week 5 if not then week 6 :) cya

#33 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

I thought i would just pop by and leave a quick update. It's been 44 days since i started the caveman regimen.

At first it was going great up until around day 21 which is when i started getting huge breakouts around the lower half of my face ( mainly the corners of my mouth). This is really confusing seeing as i wasn't breaking out as much before this regimen.

Anyhow i wash my face with lukewarm warm water on day 38 and i noticed that the old hyper pigmentation (red marks) had reduced dramatically but i was still breaking out quite a lot, also my skin began being as oily as it was before??

Now on day 44 the breakouts are still quite bad and doesn't show any signs of slowing down, i really don't think this is a purging stage still because it's been almost a month since the breakouts started?

I'm just so confused right now should i go back on prescriptions or hold this out still?

I did change my diet to Paleo at the same time as starting this regimen but i'm sure that wouldn't break me out for this long either.

If anyone has advice please help me out :)

#34 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hello again peeps, second post of the day but i just thought i'd post a couple of pics to get some advice from the wonderful people of acne.org lol

The light actually makes it not look so bad and sorry about the lack of shaving lol just kinda being a caveman ya know haha

So as you can see i have had quite a breakout mainly on my left cheek which is weird. Most of the whiteheads/pimples etc on my left cheek developed in the last 6 days which i'm confused about because it's been 1 1/2 months of paleo and caveman regimen. Surely it can't last much longer can it?

On the right side of my face it's not too bad, my cheek is pretty clear but the pimple at the corner of my mouth just keep coming back.

There's lots of tiny red marks which make me look like i've got a rash, i'm hoping somehow this is still a purging period and it will go away soon or i'll go crazyyy.

You can also see my face is quite oily which again is weird seeing as i've been doing the caveman regimen without water for 44days maybe my skin is just trying it's hardest to annoy me? Haha

Anyway i'm going to continue on the caveman for now and i'll see what happens.

If anyone has any advice or experienced this as well please help me out.image.jpg image.jpg

#35 francis86

francis86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hey Tim. 

I totally understand your frustration. Over the past month it has been the same for me too. Although in the past week or so I have a renewed desire to really knuckle down and start again. I am not currently doing the total caveman regimen, but i am using clean cool filtered water to spalsh on my face ever few days which does not do me any harm. 

I have recently stumbled on a site called healyourfacewithfood.com and it's been really great actually. The one thing that has been significantly helping my face are green juices every day!! I kind of knew that I needed to be on a better healthier diet, but this blog has really helped me to understand that alot more. I have been exercising and doing brief meditations everyday which has been so amazing in helping my skin too. I am still taking zinc and vit D, and also added spirulina once a day. I am also taking the high vitamin butter oil/fermented cod liver daily too. 

The improvement since I have started this has been wonderful. I can't stress enough just how much the green juices, diet, exercising and meditating daily has helped even just over the past week. 

Check out the blog if you wish. I hope you can find the root cause to your problem.

cheers buddy

#36 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

Hi francis,

Glad you're still around and continuing the caveman.
Just a couple of things... Are you still breaking out? And does your skin still get oily?

I'm now on my 55th day of caveman and paleo but i'm still breaking out (on the lower half of my face) and my skin still gets a little oily.

I'm not sure whether to carry it on any longer or just go back to antibiotics *cringe* lol.

I would love to hear from somebody else who had/has it similar to me

I'm really confusedddddd!! Grr why can't things just get better lol

Anyways i'll update again soon :)

#37 francis86

francis86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Hey Tim,

I do still break out, yeah. But to a lesser degree than I did before. My face does not get oily so much since i don't wash it. I still haven't washed it, i've been trying to get this under control from the inside out, which i'm sure takes time and patience and belief. Let's not give in mate, it will come. Don't go back to pills, i know what it feels like being tempted to go there. Keep going strong buddy.

This was my face before beginning this. I've had some improvement since. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 2013-12-19 at 20.42.jpg

#38 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

hey francis, thanks for the support man. i'm definitely sticking to the caveman and i'm going to start the 'no poo' regimen for my hair soon. The way your skin looks in that pic is about the same as mine was when my acne was severe at around 14-15 years old but i also had it on my forehead aswell. It would be interesting to see your results so far. Also if you need any support definitely check out Tracy Raftl at thelovevitamin.com which i mentioned in my first post, shes great for a confidence boost and you could ask her anything, she's great trust me.

Anyway stay safe mate and keep us updated.

#39 Tim O

Tim O

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

Hello peeps,

I appreciate that this post isn't relative to acne.org but I am running 6 miles for The Sport Relief Mile in London on 23rd March and I need kind hearted people to sponsor me. If you could spare any amount then please, please go to my official Sport Relief Giving Page and sponsor me. I will tweet on the day so feel free to follow me on twitter @TimODwyer_

Every sponsor is greatly appreciated and could help save lives.

My Sport Relief Giving Page: my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/timodwyer

much love.

#40 lanette

lanette

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

i tried the same thing for front neck acne for almost 3 mos, it seemed to work off/on...but ultimately i jus ended up breaking out over and over.....atleast i tried...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users