Low Dose Accutane Log (60Mg/week)

89 replies to this topic

#81 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

8 days shy of being on accutane for 12 months. Skin is about the same as it's been for the last 6 months really. Forehead continues to get small non-inflamed stuff regularly. Cheeks remain clear for the most part. Probably getting about 2-5 jawline zits per week. They usually die within a couple of days, the red marks can take a few weeks. For the most part they aren't too big or inflamed. 

I've got about 1 and a half boxes of accutane left. I'm currently taking 30mg/day till the end of the month. Then I'll probably take 20mg/day for a month, then 10mg/day till I run out. 

I've taken 7300mg in total to this point. Once finished with these two boxes, I'll be at 9280mg total. As for cumulative dose, I think I was probably about 78kg at the start of my course, I'm about 71kg at the moment. If I average it out to about 76kg, that'll put me at 122mg/kg total cumulative dose.

Post accutane, I'm thinking about some combination of salicyclic acid, BP and tazorac as a maintenance therapy. Don't really want to go back to BP but not sure what else to use that is as effective for me.

#82 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

12 and a half months done. Tapering at 20mg/day for past 2 weeks. Skin about the same. 2 - 5 jawline zits/week :( Ocassional cheek blemish. Forehead non-inflamed stuff.

Pretty shattered and disappointed that after more than 12 months on tane still breaking out. Not too sure what I'll do post tane. Seems hopeless :(

#83 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

Have you tried BP or anything else yet? It's working well for me, but I know it can be irritating. I just use a tiny bit in my moisturizer and that helps my skin not get irritated. Tazorac is supposed to be really good, but I've never tried it as retinoids are generally not my friends.

I really hope you find your happy place soon. Maybe going off the tane and trying something else is a good idea.

Let me know how it goes.

#84 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

Have you tried BP or anything else yet? It's working well for me, but I know it can be irritating. I just use a tiny bit in my moisturizer and that helps my skin not get irritated. Tazorac is supposed to be really good, but I've never tried it as retinoids are generally not my friends.

I really hope you find your happy place soon. Maybe going off the tane and trying something else is a good idea.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Kim,

Not yet, still just on the tane. I havent had any luck in the past with retinoids either - differin made be breakout like crazy in just a couple of weeks. I dunno, maybe they'll work better after this course of tane. BP is always an option too.

Fingers crossed

#85 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:05 AM

Derm appointment in 2 days. Will then be off the tane I believe. About 12 and a half months in total and will be a cumulative dose of 7980. My weight has fluctated throughout the course but if I average it to around 75kg that will be about 106mg/kg.

Still getting couple of zits per week. Pessimistic and anxious about what happens next. Time will tell. 

Will ask about post accutane maintenance. Topical retinoids have never worked for me but maybe they will after this course.

#86 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

Same old same old. Got about 4 actives ATM, no big ones though. Have tapered down to 10mg/day for the last week and a half. Will start topical tretinoin and clindamycin next week as a hopefully successful maintenance program. Hopefully not too drying to use the tretinoin whilst still on accutane. Will be on 10mg/day for the next 6 weeks or so, and then finally 5mg/day for a month.

Not sure if anyone is even reading this log, but there you have it.

#87 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

Well I'm here! Not very often, but I do check back to read your log now and then JJ, always hoping for some happy news. Good luck with the tretinion - is it Ziana? I had a terrible time with that stuff, but I did a lot of research and it seems I'm the odd one out - most people really like it. My derm thinks it is great stuff. Let me know how it goes.

- S

#88 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:00 PM

Well I'm here! Not very often, but I do check back to read your log now and then JJ, always hoping for some happy news. Good luck with the tretinion - is it Ziana? I had a terrible time with that stuff, but I did a lot of research and it seems I'm the odd one out - most people really like it. My derm thinks it is great stuff. Let me know how it goes.

- S

Thanks Kim! It's just plain tretinoin. I'm going to get a separate script for clindamycin. Tretinoin did nothing for me in the past but hopefully it will now. Woke up today to another 2 new pustules - one on chin, one above lip. Seriously over this!

Are you still going well and staying clear on the BP?

Well I'm here! Not very often, but I do check back to read your log now and then JJ, always hoping for some happy news. Good luck with the tretinion - is it Ziana? I had a terrible time with that stuff, but I did a lot of research and it seems I'm the odd one out - most people really like it. My derm thinks it is great stuff. Let me know how it g

#89 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

Applied tretinoin for the first time last night. Gunna start off slow once every 3 nights as i am still on 10mg tane per day.

#90 JJ

JJ

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

Woke this morning to new zit on left jawline near mouth :( Starting clindamycin today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users