Low Dose Accutane Log (60Mg/week)

64 replies to this topic

#61 JJ

JJ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

The small pustule on my right cheek came and went as did the one on my left cheekbone. The inflamed spots under my lip died but the clogged pores that spored them remain. I'm guessing it might inflame again. In the last few days I've had a couple of small papules pop up next to the right side of my mouth. Could be from dryness, they only lasted a couple of days and they've died. I've potentially got another springing up on either corner of my mouth. It's sore there and I can feel them brewing. I've also got a tiny pinprick papule/comedone right at the top of my forehead.

In summary, still getting zits but they are pretty small, not too inflamed and aren't hanging around too long fortunately. Haven't had a big inflamed spot for over 3 weeks. My forehead and cheeks continue to have plenty of closed comedones, tiny papules (some slightly inflamed). Accutane doesn't seem to budge these at all. They don't get bigger and inflame or get pushed out, they just sit there.

I've now been on tane for just over 8 and a half months.

First 8 weeks @ 60mg/week = 480mg

Next 13 weeks @ 100mg/week = 1300mg

Next 6 weeks at 20mg/day = 840mg

Next 2 weeks at 170mg/week = 340mg

Next 5 weeks at 180mg = 900mg

100 mg till Friday 27th June = 100mg

From Friday 27th June 30mg/day alternating 40/20 starting with 40 = 580mg (including 40mg taken today, Tuesday 15th July)

Total = 4540mg, Weight approx. 75kg = 60.5mg/kg

#62 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:33 AM

;)

Edited by Kim28, 24 July 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#63 JJ

JJ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

Hi Kim

Thanks for the pic. You look great. I don't really want to post a recognisable pic on here, but if you want to see what I look like I can PM you or give you my facebook privately.

I've just been getting really small tiny papules and pustules the last few days or so. About 4 on my chin and 1 above my lip which is weird because I haven't had anything on my chin for about 8 weeks. Maybe 30mg/day is pushing stuff out. They're tiny and barely noticeable but it is inflammatory acne.

#64 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

I don't post pics either. Just been waiting for you to check your log and deleted it.

Happy to share in a PM if you want a pic of me that lasts forever . . . ha ha ha ha!

Sorry to hear about the inflammatory crap. Hopefully the Accutane is pushing out the last of it.

1 month out of my course and still doing well. Still pretty worried as this acne I recently had was like a whole new breed of pain - so maybe the Accutane will not keep it away as well this time? Hoping that's just my paranoia speaking.

#65 JJ

JJ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Into month 10 now. I haven't had a medium sized zit for over 2 weeks now or a largish one for over 5 weeks. I'm getting a couple of new zits most days ATM but they are typically small or tiny, not very inflamed and are healing quickly. Small enough that even I may not notice them unless I look closely. Some of them pop up and die within a day or 2. I think Accutane might be pushing stuff out, not sure though.

I'll be on 30mg/day for the next 8 weeks at least till my next derm appointment. Have now taken 4920mg total. At my weight of 75kg (approx. haven't weighed myself during course) that's 65.5mg/kg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users