beer allergy worsen cheek jar line acne minocycline

2 replies to this topic

#1 ChickenJoe93

ChickenJoe93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

So my acne is pretty bad and I started taking minocycline about 10 days ago and it started to calm down a bit. Anyways, I just took a sip of Blue Moon beer and all of the sudden, my cheek/jar line acne that went away came back. I have no idea if I'm allergic to wheat or whatever in the Blue Moon. Has anybody experienced anything like this? 

#2 WoodenCyclone

WoodenCyclone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

I find it hard to believe that a "sip" of beer would instantly enflame your acne.  At worst it could've done that the next morning.  If this (wheat) beer -> acne issue is consistent with you, check if you have a candida overgrowth in your mouth/gut, or if you have a gluten sensitivity.  Beers in general have lots of carbs and carbs get turned into sugar by your digestive system.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

You'll just have to test again. And if it happens again consider other possible relations to test: wheat, fermented foods, etc.  There's something that forms in aged/fermented foods that some people are sensitive to. I can't recall it's name right now.  But that would mean you want to eat the freshest possible foods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users