31 replies to this topic

#21 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hello!
I'm very curious to know more about your research and what has worked for you. Ive tried multiple diets/fasts-juicing for 7 days, eating fruits and vegetables for 10 day increments, eliminating all dairy, eating little to no meat, etc etc.
Anyways, I'm not sure if Im not giving it enough time...but I always relapse because I dont see the results Id like to have. You mentioned that eating lettuce, olive oil, and bananas are not ideal for your body. I do eat a lot of salad, olive oil as salad dressing, and bananas in general. What tips would you recommend to me? I am caucasian.

You don't mention trying low to mderate GL in your list. The thing that is absolutely basic to clear skin and everything else to do with health.  You can't eat an anti-inflammatory diet without avoiding high GL impacting meal/drinks/snacks. 

#22 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

I have been avoiding gluten and soy for more than 2 years. I have also taken out dairy but have put it back to my diet because I don't see any difference. I don't drink milk because I don't tolerate it well. I have been suffering with acne for 20 years. I still have to use benzoyl peroxide despite avoiding all these irritants just to keep it clear 80% of time. I am sure I do get soy and gluten in very small amounts because I do eat out. But I live in the city and cannot eat 100% of my meals at home due to job, school, social and family life factors. Ofcourse I never order gluten or soy at restaurants but I obviously can't be 100% sure. Also, I cannot afford to only eat grass fed meats. So I am sure I am getting some gluten from grain fed. What would you propose for someone like me that has already been avoiding the allergens you mentioned?

Also, at one point I went 16 weeks in a row of only consuming foods that I cook myself. In this situation I avoided dairy, soy, gluten, nuts, seeds, fruit, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant. And I was still breaking out. Not as much but still. But realistically I can't live my whole life and never eat foods outside my home.

You pretty much answered your own question. Livestock are fed gluten, soy, and anything else that they can't digest (aka allergens) to fatten them up. Going Gluten/Soy Free is extremely hard if your trying to eat the same way you have been your whole life. Your diet is full of holes. To find out which allergen is the culprit, you have tighten up your diet. You must gain control.

Once you find it you can add the other foods back into your diet. Just a fyi, everybody that ever tested for milk (lactose intolerance or the test I found) have tested positive regardless of race.

#23 dancedd

dancedd

Clear skin!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

I have been avoiding gluten and soy for more than 2 years. I have also taken out dairy but have put it back to my diet because I don't see any difference. I don't drink milk because I don't tolerate it well. I have been suffering with acne for 20 years. I still have to use benzoyl peroxide despite avoiding all these irritants just to keep it clear 80% of time. I am sure I do get soy and gluten in very small amounts because I do eat out. But I live in the city and cannot eat 100% of my meals at home due to job, school, social and family life factors. Ofcourse I never order gluten or soy at restaurants but I obviously can't be 100% sure. Also, I cannot afford to only eat grass fed meats. So I am sure I am getting some gluten from grain fed. What would you propose for someone like me that has already been avoiding the allergens you mentioned?

Also, at one point I went 16 weeks in a row of only consuming foods that I cook myself. In this situation I avoided dairy, soy, gluten, nuts, seeds, fruit, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant. And I was still breaking out. Not as much but still. But realistically I can't live my whole life and never eat foods outside my home.

You pretty much answered your own question. Livestock are fed gluten, soy, and anything else that they can't digest (aka allergens) to fatten them up. Going Gluten/Soy Free is extremely hard if your trying to eat the same way you have been your whole life. Your diet is full of holes. To find out which allergen is the culprit, you have tighten up your diet. You must gain control.

Once you find it you can add the other foods back into your diet. Just a fyi, everybody that ever tested for milk (lactose intolerance or the test I found) have tested positive regardless of race.

What do you mean my diet is full of holes? I am not trying to be harsh or rude. I genuinely want to know what you think about this. As I have mentioned I did elimination diet (16 weeks) and still didn't find the culprit. I mean I know my culprits are gluten that is why my acne is alot less severe. I was still not clear. Since food elimination didn't work or is hard for me to pin point. What specific tests that are reliable can I take? FYI, I did take a food sensitivity test way back 2007 and all it found was the obvious that I already know that I am sensitive to wheat and gluten.

#24 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

What do you mean my diet is full of holes? I am not trying to be harsh or rude. I genuinely want to know what you think about this. As I have mentioned I did elimination diet (16 weeks) and still didn't find the culprit. I mean I know my culprits are gluten that is why my acne is alot less severe. I was still not clear. Since food elimination didn't work or is hard for me to pin point. What specific tests that are reliable can I take? FYI, I did take a food sensitivity test way back 2007 and all it found was the obvious that I already know that I am sensitive to wheat and gluten.

If you're eating farm raised animals(not grass fed) , then you are eating Gluten. It's also next to impossible to eat out and still avoid Gluten. Besides that, if you're eating certified gluten free foods, you're still eating gluten. The FDA will tell you that. You need to eat whole foods. You can not trust labeling. It's hard and it sucks but if I can do it, anybody can.

Ps... why are you avoiding Soy?

Pss... the testing is what I built my business around and how I am able to know what I know. That and my uncanny ability to know my reactions to allergens.

#25 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

there's no Justice, it's just Us

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:making buddies with musicians derived/altered by acne :)

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

If you're eating farm raised animals(not grass fed) , then you are eating Gluten. It's also next to impossible to eat out and still avoid Gluten.

from common sense and basic medicine i say, isn't gluten a protein (specific to a dna) and once it gets digested it's broken into aminoacids and re-arranged to fit the animal protein (/dna) ? just asking.

in my case, i don't think it's gluten but bread bursts in the glycemic zone and after a few days of abuse of it i do get more acne (but only more cysts), especially if i combine it with honey / rice.

generally that's my situation: i know the generally wrong acne foods (those glycemic mentioned along with alcohol/eggplant/animal fat/conservants/chocolate etc.) but they don't make me breakeout the next day or two, i know only if i ingest them for at least 2-3days in a row will i get cysts. (but much less related with whiteheads)

about fluoride, i'll furter do seaching, but i only had about 1week without using toothpaste with fluoride, and then my dentist told me it's very important for me (a tooth she worked on) to use fluoride toothpaste

#26 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

The problem with Gluten is it doesn't get broken down. Actually, it's fairly common knowledge Gluten triggers the Autoimmune Disease known as Diabetes (among 400+ other chronic diseases). In those that are allergic to gluten of course. You can check out the Diabetes part at FDA.gov/Celiac Disease.

The 2 most common immune responses are immediate (rare) and delayed response (highly common). Experts estimate 85% of the population has that type of response. I know they are off by 15%. Delayed response time ranges from 1 hr to 4 days. Try figuring that allergen out. I can.

In labs, they use Floride as a preservative because it prevents your blood from cloting for testing. They don't use water for that purpose. Think about it.

Words I live by... for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

#27 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

food cause acne 

/case closed

#28 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

food cause acne 

/case closed

Not that simple. It's not food for everyone. Also, the actual cause is your immune system which is part of the chain reaction. I really want to say acne is a Autoimmune Disease.

#29 Resistor

Resistor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

I understand where are you coming from.

If I'm correct, you're suggesting what is referred to as an "Elimination diet". Although takes time, this method is one of the best successes I've had to combat acne. One of its difficulties is observing how much time it takes for a certain trigger food to give a response/reaction.

In my case, I did it for about 1 year to reach a conclusion.

Each food or food category varies, but here's a list to give you a feeling on what I discovered:

1. Highly sensitivity/fast reaction (within 24 hours): High insulin levels (whatever the cause), whole carbohydrates, whole grains, nuts, legumes and seeds, Lactose.
2. Moderate sensitivity/normal reaction (24-72 hours): Soy products.
3. Low sensitivity/slow or no reaction: Cheese, refined carbohydrates, sugar.

As you can see, I have no serious problems with casein (a common allergen), compared to lactose. The only protein I'm positive it creates acne for me is soy. This made me realize that it is not a particular food itself that triggers acne, but rather an ingredient/component of that food.

From this pattern I found that about 90-95% for the cause of acne is carbohydrate-related. And also shows that acne is really different in the cause but universal in the mechanism it occurs: It is triggered by one or more component of what you ingest.

Edited by Resistor, 28 December 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#30 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

If I'm correct, you're suggesting what is referred to as an "Elimination diet". Although takes time, this method is one of the best successes I've had to combat acne. One of its difficulties is observing how much time it takes for a certain trigger food to give a response/reaction.
Each food or food category varies, but here's a list to give you a feeling on what I discovered:
1. Highly sensitivity/fast reaction (within 24 hours): High insulin levels (whatever the cause), whole carbohydrates, whole grains, nuts, legumes and seeds, Lactose.
As you can see, I have no serious problems with casein (a common allergen), compared to lactose. The only protein I'm positive it creates acne for me is soy. This made me realize that it is not a particular food itself that triggers acne, but rather an ingredient/component of that food.
From this pattern I found that about 90-95% for the cause of acne is carbohydrate-related. And also shows that acne is really different in the cause but universal in the mechanism it occurs: It is triggered by one or more component of what you ingest.

without testing, eliminating is the way to go. These, however, are not random guesses. I am able to do this from the testing of clients. A profile quickly developed from it.

Casein may not be your allergen and lactose may not be either. There are 29 proteins in milk. Wheat has over 3400 proteins. The testing I have doesn't distinguish between proteins except for casein.

ps... can you figure out how all my clients test positive for goat milk having never even consumed it? A hint, it's not a false positive.

Edited by SDR WellnessCoach, 28 December 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#31 Resistor

Resistor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

without testing, eliminating is the way to go. These, however, are not random guesses. I am able to do this from the testing of clients. A profile quickly developed from it.
Casein may not be your allergen and lactose may not be either. There are 29 proteins in milk. Wheat has over 3400 proteins. The testing I have doesn't distinguish between proteins except for casein.
ps... can you figure out how all my clients test positive for goat milk having never even consumed it? A hint, it's not a false positive.

I'm not criticizing the testing you are doing. What I'm saying is that the triggers are the food's main components (protein, carbs or fat) rather than the food as a whole.

For example, I know I'm not sensitive to casein/milk proteins because I can safely eat any type of cheese (which is a sea of proteins) with minimal or no reaction, as long as it has less than 1g/100g lactose.

On the other hand, consuming milk (high lactose content) is a guaranteed next day breakout.

Another example is sesame. I'm sensitive to sesame seeds (protein) since I was little, but I can safely consume sesame seed oil (Fat/lipid).

I'm curious: What is the method/device/mechanism you use for testing clients?

#32 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'm not criticizing the testing you are doing. What I'm saying is that the triggers are the food's main components (protein, carbs or fat) rather than the food as a whole.
For example, I know I'm not sensitive to casein/milk proteins because I can safely eat any type of cheese (which is a sea of proteins) with minimal or no reaction, as long as it has less than 1g/100g lactose.
On the other hand, consuming milk (high lactose content) is a guaranteed next day breakout.
Another example is sesame. I'm sensitive to sesame seeds (protein) since I was little, but I can safely consume sesame seed oil (Fat/lipid).
I'm curious: What is the method/device/mechanism you use for testing clients?

I didn't think you were questioning me. I was merely explaining that what I am doing here is based off of my research done through high quality testing (actually the best available testing to date).

It doesn't matter what your reaction to milk is, you're still allergic to it. Everyone has different levels of antibodies to milk or any allergen for that matter.

The testing I do tests proteins and the amount of antibodies you have to that food. The tests are what separate me from everyone else. Also my ability to understand them. Research is moving quickly, I'm sure these tests won't be a secret for long. But I'm already prepared for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users