Photo

Anyone Else Find Paula's Choice Bha Just Doesn't Work?!

paulas choice oily skin acne clogged pores bha

6 replies to this topic

#1 smichelle

smichelle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone else out there has had similar experiences to mine while using Paula’s Choice BHA Products? I’ve been using the Clear Extra Strength 2% BHA liquid for over a month and a half- and all I can say is it absolutely doesn’t do anything for the closed comedones/blackheads I’ve had for a while- and to make matters worse, gives me those red pimples that don’t usually pop. I don’t have inflamed acne at all- I just use bha to help with the blackheads/clogged pores and prevent any blemishes. I used Neostrata’s level 2 toner- with 10% aha and 2% bha for 2 years and loved it- I only switched because it contains alcohol and apparently that’s awful. Although I’m starting to see that maybe alcohol does help the BHA penetrate- because the Paula’s choice hasn’t been doing anything for my skin at all. Anyone else have this experience? Please share!!

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone else out there has had similar experiences to mine while using Paula’s Choice BHA Products? I’ve been using the Clear Extra Strength 2% BHA liquid for over a month and a half- and all I can say is it absolutely doesn’t do anything for the closed comedones/blackheads I’ve had for a while- and to make matters worse, gives me those red pimples that don’t usually pop. I don’t have inflamed acne at all- I just use bha to help with the blackheads/clogged pores and prevent any blemishes. I used Neostrata’s level 2 toner- with 10% aha and 2% bha for 2 years and loved it- I only switched because it contains alcohol and apparently that’s awful. Although I’m starting to see that maybe alcohol does help the BHA penetrate- because the Paula’s choice hasn’t been doing anything for my skin at all. Anyone else have this experience? Please share!!

2% is not enough for me. 10% was a little better, but still very slow results. 

I use 20% at-home salicylic acid peels, and the results are not AMAZING, but I actually feel like it is doing something now. 

#3 AlyssaPiers

AlyssaPiers

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

I use it too and I had a bad reaction.. I'm trying again...see if it works this time!

#4 yazmin77

yazmin77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

yeah I also use it, and I have to admit it does not do a thing to keep blemishes at bay, I have red inflamed pimples and it dident do anything to help them heal or even to reduce redness!
it's okay for evening out the skin tone but I wouldent rely solely on salicylic acid for acne.

#5 KAmanda

KAmanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

My sons used it in the past, prior to going on the regimen. It did absolutely nothing for them, they still got blemishes and blackheads. After several weeks of no improvement, they gave up. BP has worked much better.

#6 dizzyabby

dizzyabby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, singing, playing piano, my pets

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

it did nothing for me, i then tried the one with a lower ph thats meant to be even better but still didn't work :-(

#7 jean alfred

jean alfred

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant rapidly exfoliates both the skin's surface and inside the pore, reshaping the pore lining, unclogging pores and improving skin cell turnover rate. The result is a dramatic improvement in the skin's appearance, feel, and function which leads to healthier skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users