Photo

What Is This On My Face? (Pic Included)

red spot blemish pimple not healing white pus in center need advice on how to heal it

No replies to this topic

#1 PaleMailman

PaleMailman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

So a few months ago I got a pimple and popped it- I know it's a bad thing, but it was a really big whitehead- and everything seemed to going smoothly for a couple of days after. However, the inflammation stopped and, from as far as I can tell, the redness has stayed roughly the same for about 1.5-2 months. I have gotten red marks before, but this is very unusual. When I curl my lip and look really closely at the mark, I see a small amount of white pus in the center, almost as if I didn't get all the pus out when I popped it. The spot is also raised slightly; when I run my finger over my skin, I can barely, but still can, feel it. Also the spot doesn't hurt at all. 

I have avoided putting any topicals on it such as BP or any other pimple spot treaments that I normally use, and I wash my face with a 2% salicylic acid facewash everyday. So what could this mark be? I've researched and the closest things that match what I have are boils, cysts, or an infected hair follicle. But all of these have pain as a symptom and my spot does not hurt. 

When I examine the spot, it appears that blood is trying to heal the white pus that is in the center, but it can't and thus the spot stays at a consistent red spot. So would putting something like tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar work at reducing this spot? I've researched a few methods that could potential work to heal this spot, but I would like to get some input before I try them. Thanks for reading and have a good day :) 

*sorry for the semi-bad pic quality; the camera portrays the spot under my lip as a pimple, but it just won't go away.2013-12-12 16.19.05.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users