Photo

Help With Spironolactone

spiro spironolactone

Best Answer Green Gables, 12 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

i'm about halfway through my first refill, i just stopped using natazi, getting the worst break out of my entire life- on my back now too. didn't have a big problem before. is this normal?

Many get bad acne when stopping a birth control. Birth control has a lot of hormones, and starting or stopping triggers an outbreak. 

thanks so much. i guess hormones vary from person to person- but is there some kind of averaged amount of time that hormones calm down? i can't go on like this.

There isn't some average time.

I know this isn't very helpful, and I'm sorry about that.

Hopefully if you maintain spironolactone it will not continue too much longer. 

I don't typically recommend a lot of topical treatments, but if you must, I would get a prescription TOPICAL antibiotic (such as topical clindamyacin) and/or a benzoyl peroxide cream.

I do not recommend retinoids or anything combined with retinoids (no Retin-A or Tretinoin or Tazorac or Duac or Epiduo). I also do not recommend oral antibiotic pills. 

Go to the full post

4 replies to this topic

#1 buggirl

buggirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

i'm about halfway through my first refill, i just stopped using natazi, getting the worst break out of my entire life- on my back now too. didn't have a big problem before. is this normal?

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

Many get bad acne when stopping a birth control. Birth control has a lot of hormones, and starting or stopping triggers an outbreak. 

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 buggirl

buggirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

thanks so much. i guess hormones vary from person to person- but is there some kind of averaged amount of time that hormones calm down? i can't go on like this.

#4 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:43 PM   Best Answer

I don't typically recommend a lot of topical treatments, but if you must, I would get a prescription TOPICAL antibiotic (such as topical clindamyacin) and/or a benzoyl peroxide cream.

I do not recommend retinoids or anything combined with retinoids (no Retin-A or Tretinoin or Tazorac or Duac or Epiduo). I also do not recommend oral antibiotic pills. 

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#5 buggirl

buggirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

my gosh you're a skin care angel. thank you so much! c:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users