Ive had the exact same problem. Its not the moisturizer, its the BP. Let me explain: The BP drys out your skin very badly, the moisturizer makes your skin red and burn right after applying it; that happens because your skin naturally reacts like that when lotion or moisturizer is put on dry skin. I would suggest going to a 2.5% BP face wash (or whatever product youre using) and if it still is dry, keep using the moisturizer, once the skin is not so dry, the red and burning will stop. If the 2.5% is not enough to fight the acne, go back to 5%, but always use moisturizer after you use the BP.
Ever have had your hands get very dry and even possibly start to crack from dryness? (i have) Then when you put on skin lotion, your hands get kinda red and start to burn? Same thing applies to the skin on your face, except your skin will flake off rather than crack like your hands would. Trust me, once your face gets moisturized again and not so dry, the redness and burning will stop when you apply moisturizer. Hope i helped!
P.S. i suggest you check out Olay Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion: http://www.acne.org/...on-reviews-576/ Just in case your current stuff isnt moisturizing enough or etc. This stuff makes my face super soft and takes away all dryness from using 2.5% BP leave-on-face medication. Also helps fade away acne scars, but mostly for moisturizing.
Week 55 on The Regimen!! (Just broke a year!) seeing great results! Was clear from all active acne, but fell off my routine and slightly relapsed (updated 2/17/15)
Morning ▼▼ Different from Night Routine/Regimen to keep skin from becoming too dry and flaky or oily and shiny during the day
1. Dan's Gentle Cleanser
2. Spot & patch treat with Dan's BP and if necessary, Dan's AHA+
3. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotionor Olay Moisturizing Lotion - Sensitive Skin[Also testing several Paula's Choice moisturizers/SPF to pick my new one]
4. Paula's Choice Shine Stopper
At Night ▼▼
1. Dan's Gentle Cleanser
2. Paula's Choice Hydralight Toner [Also testing Paula's Choice Skin Balancing, and Resist Toners]
3. Dans BP - 1.5 to 2 pump(s).
4. 1/2 Olay Moisturizing Lotion - Sensitive Skin 1/2 Dans AHA+ & half pump of Garnier Jojoba/Macadamia Oil
~Supplements/Vitamins (each daily)~
- 2000 IU Trader Joe's Vitamin D3 - two 1000 Iu capsule a day
- Target brand (Up & Up) Zinc 100mg - two 50mg cpasules a day
- CVS Chewable Vitamin C with Rose Hips 2000mg -two 1000mg tablets a day -Was previously taking Trader Joe's Synergistic C Vitamin C Complex
- Nature Made 16,000 IU Vitamin A -two 8000 IU capsules a day
- Trader Joe's Natural Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes -2 tablets a day -not really for skin, more for digestion
- One A Day VitaCraves Gummies + Immunity Support -2 gummies a day -mostly as a general multi-vitamin
- Schiff Digestive Advantage Probiotic Gummies -2 gummies a day -mostly for digestion
--Planning to add in some Vitamin B5, and possibly add Omega-3
Still trying to perfect my regimen. 'We all have different skin' ~YOUR MILEAGE WILL VARY!~ Customize your regimen/routine for your unique self