red mark moisturizer cetaphil burn irritate

3 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelFoster

MichaelFoster

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Please Help Me. I cant figure out why all moisturizers cause my skin to feel like it's burning. 

I use: 

• Cetaphil Cleanser
  • 5% Benezol Peroxide (Which the directions say to wash off and I do) 

​I then use either Cetaphil Moisturizer or Neutrogena Oil-Free Visibly Clear. Both of which cause the aforementioned effect. I can't figure out why as soon as I put on moisturizer, even the Cetaphil one which is supposedly meant for "Sensitive or Dry Skin" ,causes my face to start burning. My skin has also become extremely dry and oily, and moisturizer seems to be making it worse. shrug.gif  Maybe it is an ingredient?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

rolleyes.gif 

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Please Help Me. I cant figure out why all moisturizers cause my skin to feel like it's burning. 

I use: 

• Cetaphil Cleanser
  • 5% Benezol Peroxide (Which the directions say to wash off and I do) 

​I then use either Cetaphil Moisturizer or Neutrogena Oil-Free Visibly Clear. Both of which cause the aforementioned effect. I can't figure out why as soon as I put on moisturizer, even the Cetaphil one which is supposedly meant for "Sensitive or Dry Skin" ,causes my face to start burning. My skin has also become extremely dry and oily, and moisturizer seems to be making it worse. shrug.gif  Maybe it is an ingredient?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

rolleyes.gif 

When I used benzoyl peroxide, it stripped my skin so badly that anything on my face made it burn. It's not the moisturizer, it's the BP.

Edited by Green Gables, 12 December 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#3 y0y0ma

y0y0ma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

I agree, try to get 2.5 BP instead of 5. Also, maybe use less or use it less often, eventually the burning will go away, your skin just has to get used to it. 

#4 DarkDubzs

DarkDubzs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Ive had the exact same problem. Its not the moisturizer, its the BP. Let me explain: The BP drys out your skin very badly, the moisturizer makes your skin red and burn right after applying it; that happens because your skin naturally reacts like that when lotion or moisturizer is put on dry skin. I would suggest going to a 2.5% BP face wash (or whatever product youre using) and if it still is dry, keep using the moisturizer, once the skin is not so dry, the red and burning will stop. If the 2.5% is not enough to fight the acne, go back to 5%, but always use moisturizer after you use the BP.

Ever have had your hands get very dry and even possibly start to crack from dryness? (i have) Then when you put on skin lotion, your hands get kinda red and start to burn? Same thing applies to the skin on your face, except your skin will flake off rather than crack like your hands would. Trust me, once your face gets moisturized again and not so dry, the redness and burning will stop when you apply moisturizer. Hope i helped!

P.S. i suggest you check out Olay Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion: http://www.acne.org/...on-reviews-576/ Just in case your current stuff isnt  moisturizing enough or etc. This stuff makes my face super soft and takes away all dryness from using 2.5% BP leave-on-face medication. Also helps fade away acne scars, but mostly for moisturizing.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users