Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jojoba oil non-comedogenic or not?

9 posts in this topic

I'm using it a facial moisturizer. It has done a great job in controlling flaking from Tazorac. However, my breakout has gotten worse for the last 2 weeks. I don't know if it's the effect of Taz or the jojoba oil is cloging my pores. Any idea?

I'm not aware of jojoba oil causing breakouts, but I could be wrong. Not that I am. Wrong. Very often. razz.gif

Jojoba oil is non-comedogenic, but pore clogging is not the only factor that causes acne. excessive oil also causes acne because the p.acne bacteria feed off oils.

So instead of using some sort of oil as your moisturizer, why not try Glycerin or HA(more potent) to moisturize?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

So instead of using some sort of oil as your moisturizer, why not try Glycerin or HA(more potent) to moisturize?

From http://www.cosmeticcop.com/learn/dictionar...YPE=SEARCH&ID=A

glycerin. Also called glycerol; it is present in all natural lipids (fats), whether animal or vegetable. It can be manufactured by the hydrolysis of fats and by the fermentation of sugars. It can also be synthetically manufactured. For some time it was thought that too much glycerin in a moisturizer could pull water out of the skin instead of drawing it into the skin. That theory now seems to be completely unfounded. What appears to be true is that glycerin shores up the skin's natural protection by filling in the area known as the intercellular matrix and by attracting just the right amount of water to maintain the skin's homeostasis. There is also research indicating that the presence of glycerin in the intercellular layer helps other skin lipids do their jobs better (Sources: American Journal of Contact Dermatitis, September 2000, pages 165–169; and Acta Dermato-Venereologica, November 1999, pages 418–421). See intercellular matrix and natural moisturizing factors.

forgot to mention that you can also use aloe vera juice as a moisturizer. It's cheaper and much easier to obtain.

I use jojoba oil as a make-up remover. It works great.

MY PROBLEM: Mild acne scarring w/some ice picks

SKIN COLOR: Olive

TREATMENTS: Had 11 punch floats w/Dr Y. on 3/3/05

I would love to go back to Dr. Y. and have more punch floats. Best procedue I have ever done.

I had trouble with Jojoba oil clogging my pores badly but I have heard a lot of others say that it doesn't.

I've been using it for a couple years now and it's never bothered my skin. Quite the opposite actually. I love it wink.gif