#1 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hey guys!

I'm going to start drinking green tea to try and decrease my androgen levels (I believe green tea is an anti-androgen) but I'm not sure how strong it actually is... Does anyone know how much green tea (preferably how much tea bags) I would have to consume to notice any changes in sebum production or hair growth? The only way I can consume it is through drinking it so please don't recommend supplements.

Thank you. :)

#2 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I thought it was peppermint tea that contained anti-androgens? Green tea's really good for your health generally as it has loads of anti-oxidants in it but it did nothing for my skin when I tried drinking it regularly, although to be fair I wasn't drinking particularly high quantities of it.

#3 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

there's no Justice, it's just Us

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:making buddies with musicians derived/altered by acne :)

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

i find green tea the best at the moment for topical use. i sometimes drink it but, i think it has caffein so i'll not abuse it.

if you haven't, check wikipedia on anti-androgens, i took many of those herbs/teas. BUT again i don't agree with antiandronges. i agree only with anti-DHT.

#4 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

you should probably drink decaff green tea 

#5 Zach128

Zach128

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

I've been told by a few people that green tea increase the change of prostate cancer. Is that true?

Edited by Zach128, 04 December 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#6 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

I thought it was peppermint tea that contained anti-androgens? Green tea's really good for your health generally as it has loads of anti-oxidants in it but it did nothing for my skin when I tried drinking it regularly, although to be fair I wasn't drinking particularly high quantities of it.

Funnily enough I actually have some peppermint! I'm going to drink a full mug at night and a full mug in the morning and bear the taste, but I'm not sure if this will be enough?

#7 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Medicine, Physics-Chemistry-Maths, gardening

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

I've been told by a few people that green tea increase the change of prostate cancer. Is that true?

http://www.nhs.uk/ne...ancer-risk.aspx

I have read that green tea increases the skin production of DHT and i 've been avoiding it though i love it.. i had occassionally some black tea ("some".. well, 1/2 L of lipton tea tongue.png ) but i saw no effect on my skin, perhaps because of spiro - which is precisely the reason why i won't drink that much tea again when i am outdoors. Had to visit the toilet every 2 hours at most tongue.png

#8 Terry Dawson

Terry Dawson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Green tea is a best solution for any problem and I think you've taken a good step for that.

#9 stage1

stage1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

I've heard that it can exacerbate the systems for baldness so I'm stopping drinking green tea.

#10 niklaus

niklaus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

if you end up drinking green tea, incorporate the green tea leaves in a mask (there are various masks you can find on google). 

i've been doing this lately with the leaves, honey and 3 drops of tea tree oil for 20 minutes and I think it calms the redness in my face(:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users