cruciferous cabbage saw palmetto eating

28 replies to this topic

#21 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

there's no Justice, it's just Us

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:making buddies with musicians derived/altered by acne :)

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

Yeah... it sounds very demanding! How can you even combine this with a social life/work? I really DO feel like diet plays a role in acne, but I don't believe that it can just solve it all. It could make it better for most people and maybe cure for others, but I just don't know. For what price, right? 

I could definitely exercise in the morning, but I have problems with the not-eating-after-4-pm thing. I am working at that time.. I can't take 5 meals to work... that's just crazy. 

I would love to try this diet, but I'm very sure I won't stick with it anyway. Seppo from acneeinstein said that you have to do a diet you can stick with, and avoid your personal triggers. As a person, I already eat pretty healthy, but I can always add in more vedges. I just don't want to go crazy on the diet thing, it would make me depressed for sure. I will just do it my way I think and add in more vedges and the right supplements (inositol and a multivitamin). I do not need the refined sugars, but I really feel like I'm allowed to eat my home made buckwheat cookies sweetened with raisins/honey/whatever. 

And I think I'm naturally high in testosterone. I just think so because my skin is such an oil slick all the time, even when being on the pill (and I had ovarian cysts; pcos). So even eating extremely healthy won't get rid of those amounts of testosterone. But we'll see! I obviously have to quit birth control soon (in august) and we'll see what happens next! I just bought my spearmint tea, but I'm just not sure it's the right type of mint... it's the mint that is always served when you order mint tea! Is that right? 

i wouldn't know the name of the minth because i picked it up myself from a field smile.png but the teas combo can make a real difference.

and yes the diet is almost not worth even trying.

personally for 3years i've been on this diet:

1.absolutely no sugar(no cakes,cookies, nothing)

2.nothing canned/tinned/prepared (no salami,sausages, etc, no mustard,ketchup,etc. no bought bread > just homemade whole bread)

3.no potatoes/rice or anything like this type of big carb

4.as less heated oil as possible

5.others, i can't remember them now, garlic almost daily like i mentioned, propolis daily, you get the idea, i had probably the most healthy diet in my city lol

oh, and with almost no exceptions (maybe on my birthday some alcohol. did i mention no alcohol, no coffe, etc?)

and with almost NO SIGNIFICANT RESULTS. (only temporary, especially when i lost a lot of weight)

so now hopefully people will understand why i argued against alternativista or others that claim a healthy diet is the cure for acne.

Edited by DanTheNewWorld, 22 January 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#22 Dolan Duck

Dolan Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

I have the same experience as you, diet hasn't affected my acne ever. I just recently started to take saw palmetto in hopes that it will reduce my sebum production. Luckily I have never got any pimples on my back, haven't even used any cleanser on my back or body ever. it stays perfect always. I only get acne on my cheeks and sides of jaw and I have oily face. You don't seem to suffer from oily skin, lucky bastard.. surprised.gif

#23 missC1990

missC1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

I have very oily skin too... even on birth control!! 

I know you're right. I mean, she def. says good things about diet, but it's not the cure to all and that is kind of what she seems to promote... I must admit that I feel amazing (fysically) now I'm drinking green smoothies and more vedges, so only for that matter I will keep it up. But nothing in my skin changed... 

I am a lot less strict than you! I mean.. we only live once. I don't go crazy on anything, but I like to go out sometimes and have some wine or eat something I love (I was never a sugar fan anyways...). 

I think I will open a topic about this, but I read that some natural DHT blockers only focus on blocking type 2, which is the DHT form that is causing hair loss etc. That's not my problem, I need a type 1 inhibitor that inhibits the oil glands. Do you know anything about that? Or shall I open a topic about it? 

I think this acne story is so confusing... no wait, the hormonal topic is difficult. 

#24 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

I have the same experience as you, diet hasn't affected my acne ever. I just recently started to take saw palmetto in hopes that it will reduce my sebum production. Luckily I have never got any pimples on my back, haven't even used any cleanser on my back or body ever. it stays perfect always. I only get acne on my cheeks and sides of jaw and I have oily face. You don't seem to suffer from oily skin, lucky bastard.. surprised.gif

my skin type so to speak is quite oily, sometimes i put a finger on my forehead/cheek and it gets full of oil BUT since i started this regimen (you may want to read some parts of my log) i hadn't had oily skin anymore. (i think saw palmetto is the main saviour here, but not sure)

BUT2 since i started using brevoxyl (bp) on my chin&jawline (where my acne currently is) i started having oily skin again(on my cheeks&nose&forehead).

..just a curious notice.

ps. probably because bp dries the skin, althogh i use moisturise a lot, and this sends messages to the glands to produce more oil.

but experiment with vitamin A, that should dry the skin quite a lot.

I think I will open a topic about this, but I read that some natural DHT blockers only focus on blocking type 2, which is the DHT form that is causing hair loss etc. That's not my problem, I need a type 1 inhibitor that inhibits the oil glands. Do you know anything about that? Or shall I open a topic about it?

please do. not sure anyone knows much, not even greengables or jlcampi maybe idk.

Edited by DanTheNewWorld, 22 January 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#25 missC1990

missC1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

I did it! I don't know anything about that either but I read it online! I had definitely more hair loss this week, maybe cause I ran out of spearmint and that was a side effect from stopping? Of course, I also went crazy on the spearmint xD 

Very curious if anyone knows about it! I really believe that testosterone (which form? really don't know... I guess DHT) is causing my acne. How else would you explain an increase of acne when I took D3, DIM and maca... that are all supplements that also play with your T.. 

#26 Dolan Duck

Dolan Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Have you tried eating just protein, healthy fats like extra vurgin olive oil, coconut oil and fish oil and for carbs only vegetables but no potatoes even though that is a vegetable. That way you can keep your glycemic load minimum and in my mind this is the only way you can affect your skin with diet. I would follow this diet if I wouldn't love bodybuilding so much. I need those carbs to grow man and if that means I have to suffer from acne then so be it. What's the reason to live if you can get clear skin but don't get to do what you love in life, I don't want to live like that.

Edited by Dolan Duck, 23 January 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#27 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Have you tried eating just protein, healthy fats like extra vurgin olive oil, coconut oil and fish oil and for carbs only vegetables but no potatoes even though that is a vegetable. That way you can keep your glycemic load minimum and in my mind this is the only way you can affect your skin with diet. I would follow this diet if I wouldn't love bodybuilding so much. I need those carbs to grow man and if that means I have to suffer from acne then so be it. What's the reason to live if you can get clear skin but don't get to do what you love in life, I don't want to live like that.

yes, no potatos, no rice etc, for 3 years, no result.

what so cool about bodybuilding if most of the people get anabolic drugs/steroids or whatever it's called? i dropped the gym when i realised all the best guys there were not natural. none of those celebrities were..

it's pointless, but (if ur natural) ur probably addicted to the power not the muscles in comparison to others i assume.

#28 Dolan Duck

Dolan Duck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

yes, no potatos, no rice etc, for 3 years, no result.

what so cool about bodybuilding if most of the people get anabolic drugs/steroids or whatever it's called? i dropped the gym when i realised all the best guys there were not natural. none of those celebrities were..

it's pointless, but (if ur natural) ur probably addicted to the power not the muscles in comparison to others i assume.

Yes I'm all natural bodybuilder, I don't respect people who use illegal drugs to build muscle. I love to improve myself, become stronger, more muscular and I love the pain. And you can get pretty big without using drugs too, especially when you compary to regular joe who don't lift. I do believe that your acne can stop on it's own because my forehead cleared about a year ago 100% and it isn't so oily anymore. I used to use BP three times a week and it kept me clear, then read about water only regimen, tried it last summer and got horrible acne. Now I'm back to BP three times a week again BUT I'm using neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask and use it as a mask only (wet face, apply it to my face, not forehead and let it stay 5 minutes and then rinse). I'm gettin clearer and clearer everyday with this regimen. It won't irritate skin much when you wash BP away and no bleached clother/towells!

#29 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

ok, so i started using bp on my back also(works great ..of course). so now i'm completely in the dark (don't know if holistic stuff works). but after getting 100% clear + a few months (to make sure i killed the bacteria), i plan to stop bp, and see if holistic by itself could be enough (for ..ever).

at the holistic stuff all i can add, is that:

- i completed 3months of saw palmetto (results: contributed to less oily skin, and a bit less to cysts, and even less to whiteheads).

- i keep the cabbage/buckwheat consumption

- i keep an eye on the GI stuff

- i'm now working into liver/andrenal herbs & lifestyle (it seemed it had impact)

- i'll keep the no sugar/dairy/alcohol/"hormonal" meats (these hormones meats are the worst, then alcohol, and the first 2 i don't know if they cause trouble - i talk from practical observations here)

i'll update as soon as my back is 100% clear (that shouldn't take more than a week i hope)

Edited by DanTheNewWorld, 22 February 2014 - 03:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users