Stress/depression/anxiety Causes Acne?

1 post in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'm 16 years old and my acne started about 4-5 years ago, but it was very mild, about 1-2 spots and eveyone said that it was caused by puberty.
4 years ago I moved to a new school. It was HUGE stress for me, I didn't wanted to leave my old school, I remember how i cried and how depressed I was. First days were difficult, but on the second year situation got worse. So was my acne. I tried almost everything, antibiotics, topicals, of course nothing worked.

Last spring my acne cleared up dramatically. During that time I was feeling wonderful, me and my best friend were having great time every day and i didn't care about my face. I was a lit bit stressed, but not like in the past.
Then happened something terrible and I was extremely depressed, and my acne came back. This happened last summer and since that time I'm suffering from cystic acne :/ 
I'm always anxious, stressed and full of negative emotions. I often cry and I'm always tired. I can't concentrate and I can't study.
What do you think guys, can depression cause my acne ? 
P.S. I'm trying to eat healthy, I don't eat diary and gluten, they break me out. I drink a lot of water and try to sleep 7-8 hours, but I'm still always tired and sleepy. cry.gif 
Sorry for my bad english.