The Nhs & Scar Treatment... Don't Take No For An Answer

52 replies to this topic

#41 zavvi

zavvi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

Just got back from my appointment. The good news is I have a referral to the laser clinic!

I had some bloods done as I keep flushing and they were supposed to be sent to my derm but the thick nurse has lost them so I need to chase them! She even rang up and asked where they were to be sent when I was getting them done!

Hopefully the referral doesn't take too long!!

hey dude what type of laser are you getting this done at and is it a private clinic your getting this done

#42 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

I'm not sure yet as I have to speak to them about that and I'm not even sure where it will be until the appointment comes through

What is weird about the said doctor is I had 2 tiny spots when I went in and he asked me if I wanted a small course of Roaccutane to clear anything up!!!

#43 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

I have been referred to Dr V Madan at Salford Royal laser department! Not sure of a date yet but they said it will follow shortly.

The letter they sent didn't do my confidence much good to be honest but hey ho

Has anyone dealt with him before?

#44 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:55 AM

Just a quick update on this! After a couple of months of waiting, I now have an appointment on the 26th June to discuss getting the laser treatment 

Edited by determinedtowin, 20 May 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#45 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

I should also add that Dr. Pillay contributed to getting this appointment, A LOT! He described my personality as pleasant in the letter which he said helps and even suggested he'd made my scarring out to be a lot worse that it was in order to hurry things up smile.png

Edited by determinedtowin, 20 May 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#46 Sunny_D

Sunny_D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

Hey! Wow that's brilliant news! My acne has gone soooooo much better since December thank God! Will be on month 4 whenever they decide to book me in. Salford have been SO annoying with appointments .. i have been chasing them up for 3 months. Will definitely be complaining to PALS :( 

Also, Dr.Pillay describes me as "pleasant" as well! He is a good doctor! 

Good luck 

=]

#47 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

Hey! Wow that's brilliant news! My acne has gone soooooo much better since December thank God! Will be on month 4 whenever they decide to book me in. Salford have been SO annoying with appointments .. i have been chasing them up for 3 months. Will definitely be complaining to PALS 

Also, Dr.Pillay describes me as "pleasant" as well! He is a good doctor! 

Good luck 

=]

I think we have been lucky getting him! I'm glad you're acne has got better 

I waited for this appointment for quite a while but that is because they're only there 2 days a week!

Fingers crossed I can get something done. I'm quite lucky that time off work isn't a problem.

Do you have any scarring or can you not tell yet? x

Edited by determinedtowin, 13 June 2014 - 02:37 AM.

#48 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

Good news, again!

I went for an appointment with the laser clinic at Salford Royal yesterday. The guy was great and took time to explain my options. 

He said that he is happy to do a test patch but did say that he wasn't sure if it would help massively as he said my scars were 'mild'. He didn't for one minute try and put me off the treatment he just explained that there are risks involved which I obviously already knew. I'm going to go ahead with the test patch and see what happens

I asked him about derma roller and he said it is good but obviously not available on the NHS

#49 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

I have a test patch booked for 2nd if September. I'm 50/50 if to go ahead a get this advice and some of the stuff I've read especially as I've been on Roaccutane in the past. In fact I'm really nervous about it!

#50 Sunny_D

Sunny_D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Good news, again!

I went for an appointment with the laser clinic at Salford Royal yesterday. The guy was great and took time to explain my options. 

He said that he is happy to do a test patch but did say that he wasn't sure if it would help massively as he said my scars were 'mild'. He didn't for one minute try and put me off the treatment he just explained that there are risks involved which I obviously already knew. I'm going to go ahead with the test patch and see what happens

I asked him about derma roller and he said it is good but obviously not available on the NHS

I have a test patch booked for 2nd if September. I'm 50/50 if to go ahead a get this advice and some of the stuff I've read especially as I've been on Roaccutane in the past. In fact I'm really nervous about it!

Hey!! Hope you are well! Sorry for the incredibly late reply - I totally forgot! :/ Eeek. Haha .. anyway just wondering how you are getting on? Can't believe they made you wait two months for your test patch .. seriously hate Salford Royal neutral.gif . 

And, yes I have some scarring. Dr Pillay said we can do something about it when I am finished with Roaccutane. Currently on month 5 got another month or 2. Fingers crossed all goes well! 

Good luck!

#51 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

Haha no problem. It's my fault I've waited that long as I've had stuff on to be honest. I'm 50/50 if you get it done because of the risks etc to be honest 

#52 Sunny_D

Sunny_D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

Ahh I see what you mean. Is it fraxel your going to go for? I would rather try needling techniques than laser. Laser look so painful :/ Whatever, you decide I hope it goes well! :) Keep us updated!

#53 determinedtowin

determinedtowin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

It's CO2... I think I'll get the test patch done and go from there. Will keep you update :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users