hormonal antibiotic retin a

4 replies to this topic

#1 LREBaker

LREBaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

<p>Today was my first derm appointment in a over 10 years. I'm 24 and have been dealing with acne for 12+ years. My acne is hormonal, as confirmed my my derm today. But I had assumed so anyways given the location and the flare ups during my cycle. She prescribed me the oral antibiotic minocycline, topical antibiotic clindamycin, and a retin A cream tretinoin. I'm most nervous about the oral antibiotic after reading the reviews about the nausea, migraines, hives, long periods, and bacterial resistance.&nbsp;</p>
<p>I juat wanted to see if anyone else has been put on the same or similar combo of meds? I got back in 2 months to see how everything is working. If this combo doesn't work then I may go on spiro.&nbsp;</p>

#2 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

i took minocycline- fine experience. But ofcourse with any med- everyone has different results/reactions. I have moderate acne (mostly roseacea). Ergmmm i dont really want to say yah know... negative things because i dont want you to worry. My brother took it a looonng time ago and just got a rash on his back because he was allergic to it. But dont be scared! Thats just his personal reaction. 

After minocycline- i went on doxy - which is in the cycline family. 

#3 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

I was put on that combo a few years back and it did wonders! I was clear with those meds for years but then it stopped working for me so now I'm taking Spiro, minocycline and retin-a

#4 LREBaker

LREBaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

Thanks guys! So far the worst I'm getting is slight nausea from the mino, even with food. But it's not intolerable. Fingers crossed it all works!

#5 dorothyhiggin

dorothyhiggin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

Have you heard about Tretinoin Clindamycin topical gel. It is a combination medication composed of a retinoid (Tretinoin) and an antibiotic (Clindamycin). It works by killing the bacteria that cause acne.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users