5 replies to this topic

#1 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

since alot of the foods cause acne like gluten , what do you guys eat ? i mean i can never be full if i dont eat any rice or something ?

#2 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

as far as i know, rice is gluten-free.

i don't eat rice though.

i eat amaranth, quinoa, and sometimes millet. most of those are pseudo grains, while millet is definitely a grain.

i'm not as crazed about what i eat as i used to be. mostly because i realize what works and what doesn't work for me. personal experimentation is what works best when achieving optimal health.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Eat other carbs like sweet potatoes & squashes. Add fat like coconut oil. And oats and buckwheat are two 'grains' for which the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Edited by alternativista, 01 December 2013 - 11:38 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 BryantMkIV

BryantMkIV

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

change your white rice to brown rice and bread to 100% whole wheat

#5 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

I'm trying to do the paleo thing but it's hard. Right now I'm just doing semi-paleo, which for me means I can eat cheese and yogurt and kefir.

#6 DanTheNewWorld

DanTheNewWorld

there's no Justice, it's just Us

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:making buddies with musicians derived/altered by acne :)

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

i was looking for a ~23 year old book (i think before the time of marketing interests in my country) and for acne it says this:

permitted foods: fresh legumes & fruits, whole grain bread (this has gluten, but i heard that in usa they over-raised the % of gluten to make bread softer), lean meat, yogurt, fresh cow cheese (back then there were no hormones injections or gmo foods in my country. i heard a farmer that it's impossible now to compete if cows are fed naturally - way too few milk production)

medicine-foods: cabbage (1glass/day for 3 weeks), spinach (boiled or raw, 200-300g/day for 3weeks) (note: i had in mind that spinnach is not ok, but follow their logic..), grapes (250g/morning, 500g/afternoon for 3weeks), pollen (2spoons/day), beer yeast (2-3spoons/day)

forbidden foods: animal fats, fermented cheese - fermented dairy, salami/sausages, food dressings (those kinds with oil i think), eggplant (!), chocholate, sweets, alcohol

phytotherapy 

externally: arnica, Viola tricolor, salad (tea),

hot steam with plain water or camomile, (others which names i can't find), and after this steaming of the face skin, padding with cold water.

internally: Achillea millefolium 1glass/day. Rumex (acetosa, acetosella) 1 glass morning &1 evening.

heliotherapy: first day 5min, then daily add 5min+ till u reach 60-90min (exposure to sun)

reflexotherapy: energic massage the spots on palms and feet at the liver, kidney, and adrenal gland regions (search for them, i think they're in the middle of palms/feet).

others: propolis (20%)

Edited by DanTheNewWorld, 01 December 2013 - 05:20 PM.

today Putin is trying to steal our land! and no, i'm not referring to Crimea, but to a part of Moldova!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users