Photo

Oily Skin From Nuts?

oily skin oil skin nuts peanut butter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Nder92

Nder92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

I have been eating peanut butter and nuts for about 7-8 months now. And within that time my skin has become extremely oily. I usually eat 6TBS of all natural PB and 70g of almonds every single day. I have also more acne within this time period. Ive read that nuts can cause more breakouts especially peanuts. So i decided to stop about 5 days ago,problem is my skin is still very oily and i havent noticed a difference? How long till the oil will decrease? Does it take a while for it to leave? Thanks.

#2 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Nuts and anything high in fat makes my skin more oily.

#3 FabianL

FabianL

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

If it took 7-8 months for your skin to become oily, 5 days is not enough to be able to tell the difference. Besides that, peanuts are not the nuts I would advice to eat on a daily basis. Almonds should be fine, in moderation. Walnuts are good, too. Macadamia nuts are also delicious and good for you. Have a variety of nuts just like you have a variety of vegetables. You can use the http://nutritiondata.self.com website to look at the nutrition facts. Do not let it drive you crazy, though. Just eat balanced meals and a variety of foods.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

Could be the amount of fat and your ability metabolize it, or it could be an intolerance. You have to test for yourself. And you need to test nearly all separately as many thing we call nuts are not nuts and completely unrelated things. Peanuts are legumes and almonds are seeds of a fruit related to stone fruit--peaches, plums, etc. and it's extremely common to be intolerant to peanuts which also happen to be one of the worst sources of gut harming anti nutrients along with wheat & soy.

Edited by alternativista, 01 December 2013 - 06:42 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#5 Nder92

Nder92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

But if the oil was related to this problem (nuts), wouldn't it have gone by now?

#6 Nder92

Nder92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

I mean if the oil is caused by a certain food you'd think it would leave once stopping no?

#7 Nder92

Nder92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

No one has an answer?

#8 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

I don't really know the answer. When I stop eating foods that make my skin more oily it usually takes about two weeks for the oil to go away. I have heard peanuts increase testosterone, though. Maybe your testosterone is a little bit elevated and needs to go back down.

#9 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

It also takes a while for your lipid profile to change.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#10 chrisaus

chrisaus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

try experimenting with unsalted cashews only. I cant handle nuts but cashews seem to be actually clearing me. It's odd

The 2nd poster to jump on the pgx bandwagon. User Blessthefall being my superior.

#11 TronRog

TronRog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

Tell me about it..

That's because recently Nuts industries has putting a flavor enhancers salt that goes with the name Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), or (E 621 ).

Just Google about.. 

>>> The Acne Maker <<<

#12 Nder92

Nder92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Update: Its been 11 days now since ive stopped eating nuts. Face is still very oily, but seems like breakouts have diminished, not sure though.

Also i was eating all natural peanut butter and raw almonds.

Edited by Nder92, 06 December 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#13 Nder92

Nder92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

I was getting about an extra 90g + of fat from just the nuts. Could that be it?