8 replies to this topic

#1 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

good day or evening...

i'm seeking a quality multi-vitamin for women. i haven't taken a multi-vitamin in years, yet now i think i'm ready to re-introduce this into my daily routine.

i've searched for a few using amazon, yet it's kind of overwhelming considering the 1 star reviews usually unravel all of the 5 star reviews. lol.

if there is a thread in which this has already been discussed, kindly point me in the direction of it (via a link).

thank you.

Edited by bamboomama, 29 November 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#2 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

My favorites are:

Solgar Earth Source Vitamins

Herpanacine (not a complete multivitamin, but good for the skin).

I don't particularly like "women's" multivitamins. I think a multivitamin that is derived from whole food sources is ideal for both men and women. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#3 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

My favorites are:

Solgar Earth Source Vitamins

Herpanacine (not a complete multivitamin, but good for the skin).

I don't particularly like "women's" multivitamins. I think a multivitamin that is derived from whole food sources is ideal for both men and women. 

thank you, WishClean. i'll look for those on amazon and check them out.

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

Pick a whole food supplement in which you take as several capsules or tablets throughout the day. Once a day multis are pointless.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#5 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

Pick a whole food supplement in which you take as several capsules or tablets throughout the day. Once a day multis are pointless.

Yes, that was what I intended to do. Many of the ones available have reviews that aren't so glowing though. I looked up the Solgar Earth Source brand that was suggested and noticed it had ingredients like Barley juice, Wheatgrass juice, kelp and Flaxseed oil in it.

I don't consume those things and if it didn't contain that I'd purchase it.

I'll continue to search, yet it would be easier to work with suggestions (names).

#6 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yes, solgar's earth course does contain things that some people avoid, but for me the combination of all those nutrients was beneficial. It comes in 3 pills, so you can divide the dose throughout the day, and sometimes only 1-2 is enough.

You can also check out megafood and vitamin code, but it's hard to find a whole food multi that doesn't contain either flaxseed or wheatgrass for some reason.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#7 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yes, solgar's earth course does contain things that some people avoid, but for me the combination of all those nutrients was beneficial. It comes in 3 pills, so you can divide the dose throughout the day, and sometimes only 1-2 is enough.

You can also check out megafood and vitamin code, but it's hard to find a whole food multi that doesn't contain either flaxseed or wheatgrass for some reason.

True. Thank you.

#8 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

I thought of another one. I only took 1 bottle of this until I ran out, but it seemed to be a good combo at the time. It's megafood skin hair and nails. Probably the only skin hair and nail supplement that didn't break me out because the % of biotin is low compared to others.

#9 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

I thought of another one. I only took 1 bottle of this until I ran out, but it seemed to be a good combo at the time. It's megafood skin hair and nails. Probably the only skin hair and nail supplement that didn't break me out because the % of biotin is low compared to others.

Thank you for the additional suggestion. It is appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users