oily hair oily skin

4 replies to this topic

#1 irma

irma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

HI everyone! i have a problem with my hair,i have oily hair and i always get pimples on my head they hurt so bad even more when i go to sleep, my dermatologist told me to use diprosalic and the shampoo nizoral but when i wash it at the end of the day they become already so oily.i was wondering if someone has the same problem has me and what they use to manage it? what shampoo do you use? 

thank you.

#2 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

HI everyone! i have a problem with my hair,i have oily hair and i always get pimples on my head they hurt so bad even more when i go to sleep, my dermatologist told me to use diprosalic and the shampoo nizoral but when i wash it at the end of the day they become already so oily.i was wondering if someone has the same problem has me and what they use to manage it? what shampoo do you use? 

thank you.

Hey Irma, how are you?

Nizoral is supposed to be good for scalp acne. I have oily hair sometimes, and I only wash it once every 2 days otherwise it gets even more oily. Avoid putting too much shampoo on your roots, and make sure you wash off all the product when you rinse out your shampoo. 

#3 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm no expert in hair, but I get very mild oily hair, and use something called "Nozine Medicated" or something like that. It works really well and contains salicylic acid.

#4 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

Keep it simple, and avoid conditioner and two-in-one products. I've been using Suave Naturals shampoos, they're cheap and smell nice, and they will more or less strip your hair, which is bad for people with regular or dry hair but good for us with oily hair.

I am a guy with a thick head of medium length hair (2-4 inches long)

Edited by CBIOT13, 29 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#5 jesse806

jesse806

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

It could be due to hormones making your hair oily. That's my problem and I'm trying to treat it without birth control. That crap is death ahaha. You need paraben, sulfate, and silicone free shampoo. Certain ingredients can clog your pores on your scalp and will cause acne. I'm about to switch shampoo so this can fix my problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users