Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indoobidubly

Flax seed oil as spot treatment?

5 posts in this topic

I just buy the oil and rub it all over my face. It would be annoying to cut open each capsule. You can just buy a bottle of the oil. It makes a great moisterizer, its full of anti-oxidants and it's anti-inflammatory too! smile.gif

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

I do not agree. Yes, it's a good moisturizer, but it's probably way too oily for acne-prone skin. There are many other good moisturizers out there that are non-comedogenic.

I don't think flaxseed oil contain any antioxidant (or very little if there is at all). It's a rich source of fatty acids. it contains AHA, which can be converted to OMEGA 3 EFA in your body(only about 10% is converted), and LA, which can be converted to OMEGA 3 EFA, plus some others. OMEGA 3 EFA is essential for the synthesis of prostaglandin of 3 series, while OMEGA 6 EFA is essential for the synthesis of prostaglandin of 1 series and 2 series. Prostaglandins of series 1 and 3 are "friendly" while prostaglandin 2 series are potentially volatile. Prostaglandins of series 1 and 3 have anti-imflammatory properties.

My point is that flaxseed oil itself isn't anti-imflammatory. It's the good prostaglandins which your body converts the oil to that has anti-imflammatory properties. So instead of rubbing it on your zits, i suggest you take a teaspoon of it every morning.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

I do not agree. Yes, it's a good moisturizer, but it's probably way too oily for acne-prone skin. There are many other good moisturizers out there that are non-comedogenic.

I don't think flaxseed oil contain any antioxidant (or very little if there is at all). It's a rich source of fatty acids. it contains AHA, which can be converted to OMEGA 3 EFA in your body(only about 10% is converted), and LA, which can be converted to OMEGA 3 EFA, plus some others. OMEGA 3 EFA is essential for the synthesis of prostaglandin of 3 series, while OMEGA 6 EFA is essential for the synthesis of prostaglandin of 1 series and 2 series. Prostaglandins of series 1 and 3 are "friendly" while prostaglandin 2 series are potentially volatile. Prostaglandins of series 1 and 3 have anti-imflammatory properties.

My point is that flaxseed oil itself isn't anti-imflammatory. It's the good prostaglandins which your body converts the oil to that has anti-imflammatory properties. So instead of rubbing it on your zits, i suggest you take a teaspoon of it every morning.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil