What Has Been Working For Me

No replies to this topic

#1 gresilda

gresilda

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

I'm 26 years old, and my adult acne started flaring up in the beginning of 2013 but I've had acne issues on-and-off throughout my 20's. But this flare-up has probably been the worst I have ever had.

I started tracking my acne and skin condition in a log that I have been updating for about a month.

I have found a couple of products and diet changes that have made a HUGE difference. Read below.

On 11/10 my acne was looking bad. I had little tiny flesh colored pimples all over my forehead, some inflamed pimples on my cheeks, blackheads on my nose, and some gross bumps on both sides of my nose, especially the left side. My forehead was very shiny.

On 11/17 I started using Neutrogena Salicylic Acid face wash at night followed by Paula's Choice Benzyl Peroxide 2.5% before bed.

In the morning, I wash my face with Bare Escentuals Purifying Facial Cleanser.

I moisturize my face both morning and night with Bare Escentuals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer Combination Skin (see links below).

Here are the links for each product I use:

Bare Escentuals Facewash and Moisturizer - pricey but worth it:

http://www.bareescen...-Show?pid=66687

Neutrogena SA facewash  (note: unfortunately this facewash comes in a package with 2 other products)

http://www.neutrogen...erapy system.do

Paula's Choice 2.5% BP:

http://www.paulascho...ring-Treatment/

On 11/22, just 5 days later using these products, my skin dramatically improved. I had almost zero pimples!

Also, I used to have these little tiny bumps below my earlobes and along my jawline. Those bumps have been there a long time. 

These bumps completely disappeared!

The interesting part about this is that I didn't apply any skin creams directly to my jawline or near my ears, and yet the bumps are GONE. This leads me to believe that the diet changes must have been related to the cure.

In addition to the skin products, I have also made these dietary changes at the beginning of November: 

- Drink only one coffee per day instead of 2-3

- Exercise 5 times per week instead of 3-4 times. Doing yoga more often to reduce stress.

- No sugary snacks like poptarts, cookies, candy

- No white bread

- No breakfast cereal

- No fruit juices

- Eating greek yogurt and fresh strawberries for breakfast

- Avoid too many sandwiches, pizza, and "carby" foods like pasta, etc.

SUPPLEMENT - VITAMIN D: 

On 11/3 I have been taking 1 Vitamin D3 capsule (1000 IU) every day. Honestly I'm not sure if this is making a difference or not.

So that about sums it up. I'm not sure how long the Salicylic Acid and BP will continue working. It does cause a lot of dryness, and I've been applying more moisturizer. I also use Clinique's Moisture Surge  at night when my skin is especially dry.

Also, I'd like to add that back in September/October of this year, I was using "natural" products like Alba Botanica's Salicylic Acid-based washes and creams. These products helped with the oiliness but I still had a lot of acne. However, I did not make any changes to my lifestyle or diet so it's hard to say which methods are having the most impact.

Feel free to add  your thoughts, comments, questions...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users