4 replies to this topic

#1 CoffeeDrinker

CoffeeDrinker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

lolwut

Edited by CoffeeDrinker, 02 April 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#2 CoffeeDrinker

CoffeeDrinker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Bump

#3 Stripes

Stripes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hi coffeedrinker, I'm new to the forum but not to acne. One of the things that improves my skin is ... avoiding coffee. And I love drinking coffee! I gather you do too. I can usually get away with a coffee every few days, and can drink up to 2 or 3 cups of tea a day without it worsening my skin. 

As for scars, I think there is a lot of info on these forums, but I have personally found that rosehip oil has been absolutely brilliant.

I've just been reading about the different types of acne - there is some info on the site on how to address blackheads. It may just be the cleansing routine you are using, e.g. being too rough or using a pore-clogging product. Lots of things to try, if you are willing to explore. 

Good luck! 

Starting Roaccutane on December 14, 2013!

#4 meurtree

meurtree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:horror movies. classic rock. stephen king.

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

For scarring, what really helped me was Hydroquinone 4% Cream. I had a couple scars around my mouth, and I applied the cream and the scars faded in a week! The only con is that it can get the skin red. But other than that, it's great! You can check that out.

For blackheads, try getting extractions done by a professional. Basically, they steam your face and use a tool to get rid of the blackheads.

Hope this helps!

#5 NiftyStranger

NiftyStranger

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cooking, Nutrition, Yoga, Hiking, Pets

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

For scarring, what really helped me was Hydroquinone 4% Cream. I had a couple scars around my mouth, and I applied the cream and the scars faded in a week! The only con is that it can get the skin red. But other than that, it's great! You can check that out.

For blackheads, try getting extractions done by a professional. Basically, they steam your face and use a tool to get rid of the blackheads.

Hope this helps!

Use caution with hydroquinone! It does work great to fade hyperpigmentation, however it also dries and thins the skin if used for a long period of time.

Low glycemic diet/ Avoiding dairy, gluten, most soy, an refined sugars, foods/beverages
Daily exercise (yoga, walking, hiking)

Cetaphil cleanser & lotion (for dry, sensitive skin) - AM/PM
Agera AHA toner at night
Occasional spot treatment with 2% BP or skin biology Exfol Serum

Supplements: Multivitamin/mineral, calcium, ALA, MSM, D3 (2000 mg), Fish oil, CoQ10, Rhodiola Rosea, Silica, probiotic

Sleep & hydration!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users