foundation sephora smashbox dior lancome liquid foundation hourglass tarte

22 replies to this topic

#21 Clueless

Clueless

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

I have tried Hourglass Immaculate foundation. It does not clog pores or causes breakouts. However, my dry patches show up and acne that has dried up shows up as well. Not a good look in general. But very nice foundation if you have oily skin. I will come back to this if my skin is ever pimple free again and they have more shade. The current shade is slightly brown on my skin.

MUFE HD foundation doesn't break me out but the duo mat powder has magnesium stearate which my skin reacts to. I will try their new pro powder when they have my shade. MUFE matches my skins tone the most and gives me very nice full coverage in real light settings and photos!

The Smashbox HALO powder is very nice. Doesn't break me out or clogs my pores but the cover is not as good as the duo mat and it's too dark for my skin. I have to use MUFE HD in a lighter shade to wear the smashbox on top. If the Smashbox came in my colour, this would be my go to powder :)

Others that I have tried that has not broken me out:

Chanel mat foundation - the 30 was too dark for my skin and if I go a shade lighter then it's too light for my skin.
Chantecille Future Skin foundation and compact make up. Light to medium coverage only.
By Terry Teint delectation - plumping fluid foundation (very nice but too oily for my skin).
By Terry cover expert Perfecting fluid Foundation - nothing wrong except for the price. I'd rather stick to MUFE as it does the same thing on skin
Estée Lauder double wear - I can't find my shade.
Jane Iredale pure pressed powder and Meow cosmetics. They do not have my colour and I simply can't mix the meow to get my shade...I tired and failed so many times that I gave up.

#22 dutches

dutches

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hello, 

I can recommend the Silk Creme Foundation from Laura Mercier for dry, acne prone skin.

After using it for nearly 2 months now it hasn't caused a breakout for me, also it is medium to full coverage and it does a good job of covering the bulk of my reddness. 

Concerning the ingredients, the foundation is water-based and only few silicones. 

Hope this helps

#23 Madeleine24

Madeleine24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

Lancome Teint Idole, Best ever for me.

Colours are the most natural, best match ever.

No acne from it.

No stinging when using medicines on your skin.

People think I have 'great skin' and not great makeup when I am wearing it lol

I agree Hourglass is awesome but so much $$$

Edited by Madeleine24, 06 January 2014 - 11:21 PM.

SUPPLEMENTS:

Orthoplex Multi Flora Probiotic

Zinc & Vitamin C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users