Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non-Bp Alternatives?

5 posts in this topic

Over the years, I've used various BP products e.g. Panoxyl, Dan's 2.5% regime.

I've never really thought they had much effect. I've not tried Quinoderm which I understand is either 5% or 10% BP.

However, I'm wondering if there are any viable alternatives to BP from, say, Boots? Any ideas?

I'll give Quinoderm a go but are there any other types of products that work without BP?

I'm in the UK.

anything with salicylic acid...BP doesn't work for me either, and i HATE the bleaching of everything, I've ruined towels, sheets, shirts...arghhh

but get a mild SA, go in the acne aisle and read the labels, usually a 2% daily and follow up with a weekly peel of 20%, follow directions! I get my peel from amazon...my SA too, in the states it's called Alba Acnedote

threre is also sulfur, or zinc creams...but try SA first

Thanks for your advice regarding SA. From what I can gather, it's in a wide variety of common "prevent blemishes" products.

Does any UK based member have any suggestions as to what products worked for them?

Thanks!

Well salicylic acid didn't cut it for me because my acne was really bad but Garnier do a whole range of products containing salicylic acid: washes, moisturisers etc. etc. at a very reasonable price. They felt really nice on my skin and weren't irritating at all, they just didn't do anything for my acne.

Current Treatment and Products

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Garnier Long Lasting Shine Control Moisturiser
Garnier Oil Free BB Cream
Epiduo
Zineryt
Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion
Eliminated Dairy from my Diet

My Log:

Acne status: Odd spot here and there but mostly clear. Mainly struggling with oil, shine, and scars/hyperpigmentation.

Lactic acid could be good for you, if you have mild acne. Besides, it exfoliates and moisturizes :)

Diagnosed with PCOS

Occasional acne + rolling scars

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control
- Spironolactone 37,5mg going 25mg
- Inositol powder 2 times/day before meal

Skincare:

- Hemp oil