Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a529612

Is drinking honey bad for acne?

7 posts in this topic

It didn't bother me, but I only put a small amount. I'd try to get the least processed...local honey is probably best.

It's probably OK as long as you have honey with your tea, not tea with your honey.

wink.gif

I have my green tea with no sweetener, but with a little skim milk, which contains lactose, a sugar. I don't want to cut milk out of my diet entirely, because it's a source of calcium and other nutrients.

local honey really seems to help with allergies, since you are developing an immunity to pollens etc, i think some skin conditions such as redness(and possibly acne) are contributed to allergies, either way less irritation is always nice

It didn't bother me, but I only put a small amount. I'd try to get the least processed...local honey is probably best.

How do you know if you are buying decent honey? The bottle I have doesn't say the exact ingredients.

Unless it's mauka honey, most honey is the same. There's just a difference in the processing. Try getting unpasterized raw honey. YOu can get it in any store for the same price as normal honey. I don't liked creamed honey but whatever you want. It all has a lot of sugar no matter how processed it is.