24 replies to this topic

#21 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hi CarpeMomentum, here is my progress update! :D

I'm not really active on this site anymore, but I figured I'd stop in and post this link. :D Good luck!

#22 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

CarpeMomentum - it's going well for me too!  Though I did a mistake - ran out of Spiro when I was in Brazil and had to skip 6 days, during which my organism probably "forgot" about spiro, so now I need to start all over. I can soon share before and after pictures (a year ago, before I started hormonal treatment). 

#23 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

Feeling blessed and thankful daily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for the update Pianina!  I'm on day 24 of Spiro and Day 3 of Yasmin.  I have healing going on from an initial breakout last week during the week before my period.  I skipped my period this month and started taking the Yasmin right away.  Hoping that was the worst of the initial breakouts.  Going to try to change my timing of my birth control to before 3pm as Green Gables mentioned best to take before 3pm.  I will keep splitting 25 mg in the morning w 25 mg in the evening.  Did you notice a change in your skin texture after a few weeks?  How did you combat dryness vs oliy skin?

CarpeMomentum - it's going well for me too!  Though I did a mistake - ran out of Spiro when I was in Brazil and had to skip 6 days, during which my organism probably "forgot" about spiro, so now I need to start all over. I can soon share before and after pictures (a year ago, before I started hormonal treatment). 

#24 Pianina

Pianina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Teaching piano, singing, programming, web-design, photography, nutrition

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the update Pianina!  I'm on day 24 of Spiro and Day 3 of Yasmin.  I have healing going on from an initial breakout last week during the week before my period.  I skipped my period this month and started taking the Yasmin right away.  Hoping that was the worst of the initial breakouts.  Going to try to change my timing of my birth control to before 3pm as Green Gables mentioned best to take before 3pm.  I will keep splitting 25 mg in the morning w 25 mg in the evening.  Did you notice a change in your skin texture after a few weeks?  How did you combat dryness vs oliy skin?

Hey! Don't want to scare you, but be ready in case you get an initial breakout after two-three months on Yasmin. It happened to me both on Diane-35 and Yasmin. Doesn't have to be the same for you, but I think it takes a while for the hormones to get balanced. 
I myself would recommend you to take 25mg of Spiro with the first meal in the morning, and another 25mg with lunch. Taking it in the evening can give some unpleasant side effects, like needing to pee in the middle of the night or night cramps in my case. Another case is with Yasmin - if you take it in the evening, you will sleep the headache and nausea away and skip feeling that during the day. I know if that was how Green Gables wrote it - been a while since I read her posts, but i myself think such schedule is the best :) 
I have noticed a change in my texture very clearly, have documented it in picture. A year ago my texture was a wreck - large pores, flaking but oily skin, dull color. Now I only have few deep scars and some larger pores which is anyway inevitable. I'm only using a Cetaphil foam cleanser and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, though in Brazil I didn't have to use anything. Sweden's cold and dry air inside the apartment sucked out all the moist instantly :D
What about you, what are your tricks? :)  

#25 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

Feeling blessed and thankful daily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

Happy Friday!  So I was just prescribed Doxy 100mg 2x a day to help with the initial breakout that was abnormal for me.  When I started things were mild and since being on Spiro 50mg and Yasmin the flare up was unusual.  Hoping this calms things down for a bit.  I can handle one or two, but it emotionally breaks you when your face is on an attack.  Here's to progress! 

Hey! Don't want to scare you, but be ready in case you get an initial breakout after two-three months on Yasmin. It happened to me both on Diane-35 and Yasmin. Doesn't have to be the same for you, but I think it takes a while for the hormones to get balanced. 
I myself would recommend you to take 25mg of Spiro with the first meal in the morning, and another 25mg with lunch. Taking it in the evening can give some unpleasant side effects, like needing to pee in the middle of the night or night cramps in my case. Another case is with Yasmin - if you take it in the evening, you will sleep the headache and nausea away and skip feeling that during the day. I know if that was how Green Gables wrote it - been a while since I read her posts, but i myself think such schedule is the best smile.png 
I have noticed a change in my texture very clearly, have documented it in picture. A year ago my texture was a wreck - large pores, flaking but oily skin, dull color. Now I only have few deep scars and some larger pores which is anyway inevitable. I'm only using a Cetaphil foam cleanser and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, though in Brazil I didn't have to use anything. Sweden's cold and dry air inside the apartment sucked out all the moist instantly biggrin.png
What about you, what are your tricks? smile.png  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users